~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 40: Fort Morgan to Denver, CO + 2 rest days

Date: 6/30/2015-7/2/2015
Time: 10pm
Weather: VERY HOTTT (34C) and sunny
Location: Boulder, CO (Heng's house)

Third century ride! Silly Josh made it 99.4 miles instead of 100 miles. However, with the amazing detours on the trail we made it to 101 miles actually. LOL

As per usual, long day means early wake up. I was up at 4.30 am cause I was in charge of wake up and breakfast. I woke up and packed my stuffs, but when I was gonna boil water for oatmeal, I found out that Ben has already done it for me. I felt so bad for this :( Then I went to the van to grab oatmeal, then continued packing my sleeping bag and stuffs. It wasn't a very good morning for me though. Ben, Sarah, and Lizzie know what happened but I'm fine nowwww :)

I rode with Corinne, Sarah, Lizzie, and Hannah B yesterday. It was a fun day! We started our ride with riding into headwind. We were pulling at ~15mph. Then we kinda all slowed down and started talking. Time flies when you talk. I agree with what Corinne said to me that day, "I feel safe when I bike with the people I can trust." It's always good to bike with people you can trust, cause--bonding sesh + fun time + safe.







That century ride was a long one. But it was fun so it doesn't matter at all how tough it was. You know someone is there for you to go through everything with you, patiently.The hardest part was probably the part where we were headed to Wendy's rest stop. In only 15 miles, I was already out of water, and headache was kicking in due to the heat. It was so hot. I thought I was gonna pass out tbh. The second toughest part was when we had to go through several detours while we were on the trail. But I knew we were gonna make it cause Corinne is a super pro navigator!! :D I didn't know which way we were going but I know whichever way that Corinne picked was the right one. Hahahah

It was 5.30pm when we arrived at the church. I had some food for dinner while waiting for Heng to pick me up. I thought he was gonna drive here, but he didn't manage to get the car in time, so he took a 2-hour bus here to pick me up. I'd have waited for the next day if he told me earlier. :3

Two rest days followed by the century ride. Definitely the happiest days! However my phone was dead the entire day and I was really upset. The next day I went to ubreakifix in Boulder to check out what was wrong with my phone. It turned out to be the charging port's prob. Then I suspected the battery problem too. So I literally spent the two rest days deciding whether to get a new phone or to get external battery charger. I chose the latter but none of the shop I went to sells an original Samsung external charger. Zzz. Then I finally found a external charging port at Batteries +bulbs. They don't have the original one, and it's not a very good charger. But... I'll just use this for now. Please pray that I can survive with this
cheap charger for the next four weeks.

Heng, Tun Sheng, Patrick, and I went to the Rockies on the first rest day. It was absolutely breathtaking! Too bad there were thunderstorms and rain so we didn't go all the way up the mountains. We did stop at different parks to take photos. Fun fact: They're called 'Parks' cause the French called it 'Parque' so it sounds similar as 'park'. Different parks means different region of the mountains so it's easier for the ranger to take care of the mountain. After that we went to this restaurant owned by a Malaysian boss. She gave us free sushi!! I had char kuey teow-I've been craving for it since very long ago. I definitely recommend it cause it's great! Also when the lady asked what am I doing here, I told her about I4k and I biked here, she thought I was joking and messing with her. I had to show her my terrible tanline lol.






The second rest day (today) I went to see doctor and get a new spare battery. Idk why Urgent care was so inefficient. I spent 3 hours waiting to see the doctor, and spent 40 minutes waiting to get my meds at Rite-Aid. Ugh. We went to an Indian restaurant for lunch. Then we went home, and I got ready with my bags and stuffs and left Heng's house at 6.30pm. :( Then he dropped me off at the church cause I needed to talk to Ben about the meeting I missed earlier. Then Heng, Tun, and I went to HK barbecue to have dinner. I'm already missing Heng's house. It's cool and comfy there... I mean, I miss Heng too. He was the one who was with me all the time to get my phone fixed, driving me here and there, brought me to get good food, and explored Rockies with me. He's definitely a keeper-always helpful and go all out to help his friends, plus he can cook super good meals and clean his house very often. Hohoho #singleandavailable



Tomorrow's ride is gonna be super hard-in fact the hardest of all that we have ever been through. Conquer the Rockies, they say. I'm ready, my body says. I'm kinda nervous, my mind says. Whatever it is, I will and I can do it.

Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment