~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 45: Granby to Steamboat Springs, CO

Date: 7/5/2015
Time: 9.30pm
Weather: A little chilly but it's nice in the morning, rain/fog/storm in the afternoon
Location: Euzoa Bible Church, Steamboat Springs

This morning I woke up feeling so much better! I even went around and told almost everyone I saw that I'm feeling good. I didn't have fever and the soreness of my throat has greatly reduced.

So... I decided to ride.

I asked Emmy if she is willing to ride with me, she said yes. Then I got to know that Hannah and Haley were riding with us too. So it seems like I ditched my "mountain climbing group" -Alex, Sarah, and Corinne, for other people cause Emmy, Hannah, and Haley were in another mountain climbing group. That's not true at all. I just felt really bad for slowing my group down yesterday, we did not just only go super slow, but also we had to stop cause I need to get picked up by the van.

I rode with Hannah, Haley, and Emmy today. The first 27 miles weren't bad at all-Beautiful scenery and flat road/downhills. At the Kum n Go gas station, I got myself teo croissants and 3 cheese cakes, cause there's no gas station/town between mile 27 to stayover. I was feeling pretty okay at the stop so I continued biking after the first rest stop. The part from mile 27 to 50 got a little trickier. There was a decent amount of climb and downhills. Just that the climbs make me feel exhausted.

At the lunch stop I was still feeling good. I just wasn't sure if I should continue biking or not cause the radar showed that we were gonna run into some storms. Hannah was like I've already decided for you, sag in the van. Hahahaha. And so I did. Alex too sagged in the van cause her knees were hurting. As we left the rest stop, we received a call from Lizzie that she was throwing up. Definitely due to altitude sickness though. Poor little girl :(  We picked her up in the van and zoomed downhill to Steamboat Springs cause the only way to cure altitude sickness is by going down to somewhere with lower altitude. I'm glad that she felt so much better wheb we arrived Steamboat Springs.

We couldn't go to the stayover until 7pm cause there was a Sunday service in this church that started at 5pm. So we were chilling at downtown area. Then I got a call from Emmy saying that the fog at the top of the mountain is too bad that they couldn't see anything 10 feet ahead. So Sarah V started shuttling people and she did 3 trips I believe. I stayed in the coffee house with Lizzie, Sam, and Alex. I was feeling good, and ordered a cup of lemon vervain tea (Fun fact: Vampires hate vervain!). Then at about 4.30pm or 5pm I started feeling cold, started shivering, and I know that fever is back. My throat started to hurt a lot more too. All of a sudden I became so weak again. Then we hangout in the coffee house till it closed at 6pm. Lizzie called Sarah V to pick me up so I could go to somewhere warm.

The rest of them were gonna go to the hot springs but I think it was cancelled cause it was gonna rain.. some of them biked to the stayover and some sat in the van. I was gonna go to the clinic as we arrived but all clinic was already closed. I'm gonna go see the doctor tomorrow somewhere along the way to Maybell. I just don't know why it got so bad again... My throat is hurting so much now that I could barely swallow anything. Fever is gone for good cause I took Panadol at 7pm just now.

It has been 3 days since the sickness started. I was feeling good while we did the hardest climb/hardest day. Then I remember taking a nap before dinner and as I woke up I felt so sick. Can it magically disappear just like how it magically appeared, please?

Thanks Haley for waiting up on me the entire ride, thanks Lizzie for taking such good care of me when in fact she's not feeling well too. Also thanks Haley for making a cup of tea for me. Thanks to Zack too for giving me the Emergent-C drink. I swear this is the best group of people I've ever met. I owe you guys so much. :') I'm pretty worried about tomorrow cause we're gonna camp. And Maybell is a pretty deserted town. :/ If I don't update my blog tomorrow, I'm probably out of service...

Ps:  I biked 50/84 miles today. Most of them stopped due to heavy fog, or cloud (as Joe claimed) at mile 66. Good that I stopped at mile 50 or else I will get hypothermia, or getting soaked in the rain. I'm not riding tomorrow. (There goes my mileage....) hopefully everyone who didn't feel good will feel better tomorrow. Hopefully I will get better too...

Photos:


















No comments:

Post a Comment