~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 51: Rest day in Salt Lake City, UT

Surprisingly, I woke up very early this morning. I thought I was gonna be late for the event cause we came back late last night. I woke up at 8.30am, started writing about my blog post for yesterday, did my laundry (well, I left my clothes in the washer), and went to Starbucks with Sarah, Corinne, and Burkhardt. We managed to make it back by 9.35am!

We left at 9.50am to Liberty Park and met two scientist from Damon Runyon. They talked about their research and all. This guy Kevin is a researcher and a clinician. He's the bridge between the two similar yet different worlds. The meeting lasted for about an hour and a half. They served us with bagel (God those cream cheese was so good!), orange juice, donuts, and yogurt. There was this drunk guy at the park who came up to them and asked for Whiskey. Then he grabbed yogurts and juices from the cooler and threw them in the middle of the park.

After the event everyone was split up. Some went to the bike shop, some went for hiking, while I was in the group that went to Utah Olympic Park. I did a 7000ft ziplining while Sarah, Diego, and Corinne  did bobsledding after. It was so much funnnnnn! The ziplining lasted for only 30 seconds but I think mine was broken so I was going super slow. #damnit Also at the Olympic Park I found out that I lost my debit card. I immediately transferred all of my money to the other bank accound, just in case.

















The Olympic Park was well-built. We spent some time walking around the museum and gift shop too. We left at about 4.30pm and went to MacCool's Public House for lunch/dinner. I got bleu cheese bacon burger with mashed potatoes-they were so gooooood! A little expensive but it's worth the price.



I came back and found my bank card like finally!! *relieved* I've been waiting since forever for the meeting to be done so I can get my clothes, shower, and pack my bag, then sleepppppp. GDI.

Today is also the day that Corinne conquered her fear and went on ziplining and bob sledding. She was so scared to even go up on a slow chair lift. Haha Corinne is always my favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment