~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Day 71: Orland to Clear Lake, CA

Date: 7/31/2015
Time: 9.54pm
Weather: Smoky, hot
Location: Grace Church Kelseyville

2 days left. I've finally hit 4000 miles at mile 45 today!

Today was our last century day. I rode with Emmy, Lizzie, Gel, and Khrystyna. The first thing we saw during our ride today was Yolo St. It says too much about what we did in the past 2 months.

Lizzie asked me about what I4k stories I have to share with her. This short conversation we had kinda makes me sad-we are only busy catching up with each other at the end of the ride. We were very close at the beginning of the ride, but somehow we didn't spend that much time with each other starting from Colorado I think. She said, "Jane, we rode together at the beginning of the ride, and now we're riding again at the end of the ride." That makes me really sad.

Emmy is another person that I'll greatly miss. Maybe because we're both international students, maybe because we're both Asians, maybe because we've been to each other's country, Emmy gives me the feeling that she's a person that I can trust since the beginning. It's just the Chemistry between us that makes us click.

We did not complete our century ride though. No one on the team did, but we did the least. We were just taking our own sweet time. We got shuttled at mile 65-right after two big climbs. The other groups were shuttled at mile 85. That's cause we're too far behind and the smoke from the wildfire has gotten way worse than the time that other groups passed. The black smoke covered the whole sky giving very low visibility. There are also ashes flying everywhere, as if they were snowflakes in winter time. As we were passing tbe mountain in the van, we can even see the fire itself. Firefighters were zooming pass us to get there to put out the fire.

The most amazing thing to see was the red sun. I've never seen the sun being this red before!






















No comments:

Post a Comment