~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 50: Heber City to Salt Lake City, UT

Date: 7/10/2015
Time: 11.45pm
Weather: Chilly, rainy after lunch
Location: All Saints Episcosdal church

Shoutout to one of the best riding group ! It was our family ride! :D I rode with mama Hannah, mama Haley, grandma Corinne, and grandma Sarah.

It was a little chilly in the morning. The ride started with beautiful scenery. We rode on a stretch of road and saw three hot air balloon in the air. It reminds me of the lucky draw for hot air balloon that I saw in Mid Valley Megamall, Malaysia two years ago. I hope I'll be able to go on a hot air balloon ride one day. :D

Then we went on Hwy 189 where we passed Deer Creek State Park. This is by far the most beautiful place I've seen on my ride. To whoever who wants to go to Utah, don't just go to the mainstream Zion and Arches National Park, I highly recommend you to visit Deer Creek State Park too. Also we saw Bridal Veil waterfall. Read up about the legend behind this waterfall on your own!  :P














The town (or city?) that we had our first rest stop in was pretty nice. Well at least I liked it. There are so many shops and restaurants in that town. I got a subway sandwich. The lady in Subway was super weird. She seems like she wasn't taking order. Then I asked if the shop is open. She said yes but made me wait for a while cause she was baking the breads. When I asked for Italian Herbs and cheese, she said she was out. And when I asked for shredded Mozarella, she was out too. #wtfattitude if only I wasn't that hungry, I wouldn't have gotten the sandwich.

The ride wasn't bad at all actually. The final part was the worst. We went on this trail (TRAIL IS ALWAYS THE WORSR) right after lunch. 5 minutes out we were lost. We went on this gravel round that has a million (I mean, four) intersections which were all gravel road. We tried each one and got into dead end every single time. Then we saw a construction worker, he was like, "your group went that way." That's how we found our way out yay!

We stayed on that never-ending-trail for more than 3 hours I believe. The funniest part was when Hannah said we should go right rather than left, but ended up going into a loop and went back to where we were at. Also there was the part that we were making a turn onto a steep bridge. I saw Haley struggled with it so I downshifted and was all ready to speed through the bridge. But Sarah and Corinne who were ahead of me, slowed down and was pushing their bikes with one leg. Sooo I got off my bike and pushed it through. Lol. We also got some drizzles on us too on the trail.

Just when we thought we were only 5 miles away from the stayover, and everything bad was gonna end, we had to bike up a 480 ft elevation to the stayover. There were just hills all the way to the church. Halfway through the climbs, Corinne had a flat. She planned to just pump it up and pushed through the rest of the day. Unfortunately, good plans always don't work.

As soon as we reached the stayover, we had a team meeting. Ben talked about the mountains that we climbed, and the days will be easier from this point on. He also mentioned about San Fran. We'll be there on August 2nd, time and exact location TBA. The alumni club is gonna provide us with food.

Well no, as soon as we arrived, Haley, Sarah, Hannah, and I were sitting around Corinne actually. She received a package from her parents. *Videos will be up soon-there are 5 parts in total*







Then I took a shower and went out for dinner. We had Chinese food and dim sum! That wasn't the best, but I had been wanting to eat noodles/porridge since the day I fell sick. At least I got to eat dumpling noodles. Yay! After the dinner, the group split into 3 different groups. I was in the group for Minions movies. Corinne, Sarah, Haley, and Brian was with me too. We went to Cinemark and was planning to watch the 8.30pm one. But we found out that it was 3D and we didn't want to spend more money for 3D. Eventually we had to get the 9.50pm tickets cause there were not enough seats for 5 of us for the 8.30 one anyways.

We hangout around the town and got froyo from TCBY. I swear the town feels so much like downtown Champaign. There is even a shop called Urbana on eleventh hahaha. Hannah had to withdraw some cash so we went to Walgreens with her to get cash. On our way there, we saw a few polices in front of a bar. And when we walked back on the same road, we saw a guy with handcuffs on. #scary #idkwhathappened











We went back to the cinema after. The cinema is so comfy. It's a huge couch with a leg rest. All of them fell asleep except for me. :P The minions were funny though. If you're that kind of person who likes animated movie, you'll like it. Baby Bob is my favorite 💓







After the movie it was already 11.43pm. We Uber back and went to bed immediately. I totally passed out. Lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment