~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Day 44: Idaho Springs to Granby, CO

Date: 7/4/2015
Time: 2pm 7/5
Weather: Chilly, Sunny
Location: St John church Granby

Happy fourth of July!

44 days in, for the first time I felt so sick. I wasn't feeling well the night before, but I thought I was just exhausted from the climbs, and maybe from the altitude sickness.

I woke up having bad headache and fever. I did 10 miles (out of 58) of the ride, and then I stopped. I wasn't feeling well. So there goes my first time sagging in the van. I never thought it'd be so bad. I was gonna stopped riding until lunch and hop back on. Who knows... it got worse and I was just napping in the van all day.

I learned a lot from Sarah V. for the van chores. I learned how to put the bikes on the rack at the back of the van, learned where to put the PBJ box, cooler, bread box, etc. Well she definitely does it better.

We arrived at the lunch stop at the recreational area. It was kinda chilly but to me, it was freezingly cold. I couldn't stop shivering. I locked myself up in the van for 2 hours to warm up.

Some of the guy hiked up the mountain and they left pretty late. When the last group-Lauraleigh, Brian, and Shutian left, it started raining, so we ended up having all three of them in the van too.

As we arrived the church, I took a sink shower and went to take a nap again. I woke up at 9.30pm, and everyone else has already gone to the rodeo for 4th of July celebration.

My throat was hurting so much that I couldn't swallow anything. But I had to eat something before I take my meds. So I asked for permission to get some oatmeal and I ate it with milo. I wished I could get porridge...

I continued sleeping at 11pm. Before that I received a call from Heng, he was saying that the most extreme case of altitude sickness is pneumonia. I thought I was gonna die tbh. Then I started talking to Ks about how much I appreciate him, appreciate the love I've been receiving from my teammates, my parents, and what can he do for me when I'm gone. Lol I got really sad idk why.

Okay story should end here. I went to bed after taking some medications.

Thanks momma Hannah for the goodnight kiss; thanks Haley for asking me if I'm feeling better almost every minute; too many thank you I had to say but I really appreciate everyone on the team. You guys are the best! #I4Klove

I'm  a little upset cause I didn't get to celebrate 4th of July. I've never had a celebration and Lizzie has been mentioning to bring me out this time. But.. I just got sick at the worst timing ever... welll....

No comments:

Post a Comment