~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 59: Boise, ID to Ontario, OR

Date: 7/19/2015
Time: 10.50pm
Weather: Perfect
Location: Calvary Chapel Ontario

Today was one of the easiest days. The wind wasn't bothering us, and it was mainly downhill. We were going at 17-19mph the whole time. We had a late wakeup this morning cause Ben knew that it was a short and easy day for us. Corinne woke me up this morning. She was like, "Jane it's 6.15am" I woke up and saw everyone was still sleeping so I continued sleeping too haha.

I fixed my cleats in the morning. Well there was way too much dirt in the cleats. Jason asked me to clean it first before fixing the cleats cause the tool couldn't even get in. Bem fixed it for me eventually. So I learned something new-It wasn't that hard to fix the cleats. Ben was a little evil-he said he was gonna make my cleats super tight so I cant clip out. If I fall I will kill him.

We got donuts donation as breakfast woohoo! And I had my chocolate milk. That's the best breakfast I have had in a while. There were people coming in for portraits and two groups stayed for that. The other group just rolled out after breakfast. I rode with Kevin, Sarah, Corinne, and Sam. Well Hannah wanted Sam to be in her group so she could kill her at the border. But I guess Sam ditched them. Lol.

We skipped part of the trail and went on Hwy 44. Okay so before the ride even started, my derailleur had problem and my chain kept falling off. We waited for Ben for awhile to fix it for me. So we left a little late than other groups but we still got to meet them at Hwy 44. I guess we took a shortcut by not going on the trail...

The first rest stop was at mile 29. It was flat/downhill all the way, but the final one mile before the rest stop was a huge climb. Heh what a joke. The lunch stop was t mile 51. The Oregon border was just a mile or two before the rest stop. We stopped and took pictures. That was the place that Hannah killed Sam. Lol. And at the rest stop, Brian killed Hannah with Oatmeal. That was a tricky one. #evilBrian




There were glasses and thorns on the ground. Corinne did not see them and sat on the thorns. She got some thorns in her ass. #ohno She actually also got a thorn in her finger but she didn't tell any of us until after dinner. Also I got my flat there. I knew it. That little evil thorn. I was too lazy to fix the flat there, so I told them to just sprint through the final 10 miles. I can feel the slow leak cause it made me so hard to pedal.

We arrived at about 2pm. Then we walked about half a mile to someone's house for shower. Lucky number: 2395. #lottery Her house was so nice and comfy. I almost fell asleep on the nicest couch she has at her house. I swear I didn't want to leave at all. After the shower I took a long nap. It was good. It was perfect. Then Corinne woke me up at 5pm for dinner. Sarah was saying, "Jane, FOOOOOOD!" Okay, food, so I woke up and got a plate full of food. There was burger, macaroni, salad, brownies/cookies (?), and PEACH!



After dinner we went for grocery shopping. I got chocolate milk, shampoo, and crème brûlée rice pudding. The rice pudding was so good. As soon as I got back, (it was 7pmnI believe), I asked Corinne to guide me through the process to change tyre. She was so nice, she just sat beside me and asked me to tell her if I need help. I just wanted to learn since I've never done it before. And now I know how to change a tyre. Just a litlle patience and a little strength was needed. I also patched one tube too. It was already 8.30pm by the time I finished all those work. I couldn't decide if I want to change my bar tape too. I've been procrastinating so much-blogging, fixing tyre, flats, and my handlebar tape. Sooo eventually I decided to do it. I asked Jason for the basic idea then he told me to watch video. That was a good idea actually. I've changed a tape for my badminton racquet before so I wanted to try doing this by myself. I watched a youtube video and took 2 hours to replace my handlebar tape.

Now I have a bright lime green handlebar!

I'm just so happy I learned so many things today! Joe, Jason, and Diego saw my bar tape and they were actually impressed by how good I am at putting on the bar tape. Guess youtube vids are helpful after all. 

Okay I'm going to bed now. The next three days will be camping days. I'm gonna die of sleep deprivation. Tomorrow is a hard and long day too. 80 plus miles with 2000 ft of clinbing or something. I don't want to know. Good night! 

I'm excited for timezone change tomorrow! 

Some pics from today: 








No comments:

Post a Comment