~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 53: Honeyville, UT to Pocatello, ID

Date: 7/13/2015
Time: 8.30pm
Weather: Chilly in the morning; Sunny and hot during noon; Rained a little in the evening.
Location: church

Today was our second to last century ride. 103 miles from Honeyville to Potacell has now put my total mileage at 3143.4 miles. Duh finally passed the 3000 marker!

I knew today's ride was gonna be bad. Who would do a century after a camp day? Us. We always wake up an hour earlier for century ride. But this time we did not-it was still 5.30am wake up, probably Ben already knew people don't sleep well on camping days.

We rolled out at 7.15am. Less than two miles out, I'm already falling asleep. I actually felt that I slept better last night (as compared to other camping days). We stopped at a beautiful (and probably new) gas station for bathroom. I was way too sleepy so I got myself some cookies. Well food keeps me awake, always.

The first rest stop is at the state line. Yes we crossed another state line today! We're currently in Idaho, the home to the potatoes. The state sign was ugly, so we made our very own version of Idaho!


As we continued to the lunch stop, Angelica made us put a sunflower on our helmet. Me being me, asked for more and I had a sunflower mohawk. We also saw baby sheep. They were guarded by a dog though so we didn't spend too much time there. The baby sheeps were crying when we left. :/ The few miles before lunch at mile 52 were all climbs. The few miles after lunch were all climbs too. It was a 3000 feet of elevation. Joe said he was gonna die while he was sitting in the van at the lunch stop. I thought he was just joking. While he was clinbing the hill after lunch, he stopped and threw up. 

The third rest stop was at mile 72. But we did stop at a gas station before the rest stop cause Hannah was feeling a little dizzy. We got some cold water and ice in our water bottle. I got a chocolate milk. Angelica got some really good potatoes too. Then we get to the rest stop at just the road side. We refilled our water bottle and kept going cause the storm was in our way. 10 miles before the last rest stop at mile 89.6 we were getting drizzles all over us. 

I had a very bad stomache at that stop. We did not stop long either cause we were just exhausted and wanted to get over with the ride. The moment I hopped on my bike, my stomach was hurting so much already. Corinne asked me if I was fine. I was like, " I have good self control. I will not poop in my pants." She laughed at me. :3 Then Sarah asked us to pull off so she could take off her jacket. I was like... my shit is coming outttttttt. One fart, all will be out. I'M NOT KIDDING. Then don't know from which point on, Sarah and Angelica were having a bad stomachache too. WE ALL HAD TO POOP SO BADLY. #damnit Corinne who felt fine, laughed at us the whole time. When I happily announced to everyone that we've finally hit 100, Sarah was like, "What ?motherfucker.. I thought we're already at 102." Hahahaha that was the funniest. 

We zoomed through the final 13 miles in one hour. The worst part was the hill leading to the church. The hill was steep, long, and full of lights. Wtf. 

Today was just one of the roughest days. It was long, and we did not get to rest well last night, plus bad weather and endless climbs. It took up a good nine hours of biking. Everyone is just getting more tired each day. Good thing there'll be only one more century ride in California, the rest of the rides are all under 87 miles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment