~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 56: Twin Falls to Glenns Ferry, ID

Date: 7/16/2015
Time: 8.30pm
Weather: Hot and sunny
Location: First United Methodist Church

Today was a 70-mile ride. This morning started with me not wanting to leave my sleeping bag, then packing the cooler with the huge amount of food donation-pizzas, Chick-fil-A burgers, and pasta. The cooler was fully packed. Nothing fancy for breakfast-it was just oatmeal with honey. As usual, I pumped up my tyre, we took a group pic, and rolled out.

There were quite a number of scenic attractions as we biked along. The part I hate the most was being chased by dogs. Not that I hate animals, it's just that dogs are scary, especially the little ones. They barked and chased after you. Something happened from these dog chase and it's just a bad day for all of us.

As we moved on, we saw a farm with camels, goats, and zebra/donkey. The camel is so funny-he kept following us. There was one black little goat that was so clueless of what happened. He was just walking among the huge ones.





We passed the fossil museum visitor center 6 miles before lunch. Corinne, Sarah, and Angelica went for the short video documentary. There was a major climb right before lunch and a few after lunch. But it wasn't bad at all cause we have more downhills than uphills today. Ps:I got a chocolate oreo milkshak for only $3 at Philips 66 gas station during lunch.


There was one hill that is right above a river and people actually jump into the river to swim. I was just too tired so I just decided to stand up there and take photos, Sarah was afraid of snakes too so she didn't go down either.





When we were 3 miles out, we were all out of water. This nice guy drove pass us and saw us by the river and handed us two bottles of water. I'm not sure if it's the same person, when we were going uphill very slowly, a man stopped us and gave us more water. They're probably two different persons though. But I feel so blessed that people who don't know us actually care about us. 


As soon as we arrived at the stayover, we got to the ice cream shop-Fudge Factory Grill and Ice cream which is just right at the corner. I got the salted caramel cone for just $1.50. The ice cream is soooo yummy and the boss was so nice and hilarious! Totally recommend if anyone is coming to Glenns Ferry, Idaho. We got to talk to this old couple at the ice cream shop too.



We also went to the groceries store right across to get some snacks. I got the Idaho spud! Just googled, Idaho spud is a candy bar with marshmallow coated with chocolate and coconut, the oblong shape resembles a potato. It is also known as "the candy bar that makes Idaho famous". They're so gooooood and it was only 99c each.







The church provided us with dinner at 6pm. The bread was delish! Stop judging the amount of butter I eat, my friends. I LOVE BUTTER AND CHEESE. I EAT A LOT OF THEM. 

Okay it has been a long and tiring day. Time for bed! Good night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment