~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 57: Glenns Ferry to Boise, ID; Day 58: Rest Day in Boise

Date: 7/17/2015-7/18/2015
Time: 5.45pm 7/19
Weather: Too windy, cloudy
Location: Cathedral of the Rockies, Boise

Good things and bad things happened this morning. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast! Fresh, warm cinnamon rolls! 😁 The bad thing was that when I pushed my bike out, I found out that I had a flat on my front tyre. That was the second flat I got so far. It's probably time to get a new tyre on actually. The stock tyre lasted me for 3400 miles-that was good enough.

I rode with Tony for the very first time. Sarah, Corinne, and Carrie were with us too. 1 mile out I was already starting to feel the wind. Not long after we hit the biggest hill of the day. It was long and steep. When I felt like we've gone over 10 miles, I looked at my odometer, and it was only 4 miles. When we thought we hit 15 miles, it was only 10 miles. The rest stops were at 27, 53, and 72. The entire way we had headwind going at 22 mph and we were only moving at 8 mph. On a major downhill we were going only at a max speed of 13 mph.

We did something fun though to get through the wind ride. There were 5 of us, so each of us pulled for a mile, and by the time each rotation ended, we had gone 5 miles. After 3 rotations

Well that was the first time we had pizza for lunch, as Sarah would call it "pizza day". The pizzas were cold, but I was too hungry to even care. It was a good meal though-3 slices of pizza, a bag of chips, and a cookie.

The ride was better after lunch. Probably the headwind wasn't that bad anymore, or maybe there were more downhills. We eventually got to the stayover at 6pm. Dinner for that day was chick-fil-A burger but I was too tired to care so I ate it cold.

After dinner we had a short team meeting about the event day next morning. I was so happy that wakeup was at 9.45am. That was the latest we've ever gotten to sleep in! Jason's friend in Boise is a mechanic. He was so nice to come over to the church and helped us check our bike. The guy said I should change my cassette and bike chain when the ride ends. They're starting to wear off but it should be able to last me for the next two weeks. The cutest thing was he brought his son with him. The little boy name is Canyon (cool name isn't it?!). He checked our bikes too-the brakes, gears, and he greased our chain for us too! At one point he was saying all bikes are okay, except for two bikes, you guys can bring them in. But the dad was like, " No I'll check on all of the bikes here." Sarah spent so much time messing with him, or maybe the other way round. Haha.

Then I went for shower at the Y with Sarah, Emmy, and Corinne. It was already kinda late. By the time we went back to the church, it was already 10pm. As we were walking, I mentioned to Corinne that I felt like drinking cold drinks. Then Corinne was like, "I'll go with you to the grocery store if you want to go." Awwww Corinne is the best!

We went to the grocery store, got Baskin Robin ice cream, root beer, and chocolate milkkkk. Hannah recorded a video of me eating ice cream, then Jason burped so loud at the end of the video, and right before it cut off, I was turning my head over and stared at Jason. Hannah also asked all of us to sign a birthday card for this little boy in Texas. She saw a news about this boy who has cancer and really wish to receive birthday wishes from people. Hannah thought it would be good if we ride for him on his birthday on the 22nd.

I went to bed right after cause I was so tired. I totally passed out. I was gonna go to the farmer market with Haley and Hannah the next morning. But I told them to try waking me up at 8am, if I don't respond, it means that I'm not going. Hahah. So I ended up not being able to wake up, and I didn't go with them. I was up around 9am I believe. I did laundry and went to DK donuts with Sarah and Corinne. The donuts there were the best! I finished three donuts in less than half an hour.

The team left for an event in Boise called "Paddle out Cancer". We basically sat in the raft and four persons would paddle. I was in a raft with Sarah, Corinne, Emmy, Lizzie, Gel, Khrystyna, and Alex. Corinne, Lizzie, Emmy, and Sarah paddled most of the time, while I just chill in the boat. Gel was the little monkey that jumps from raft to raft, into the river, and off the bridge.

The event was kinda long and draggy though. I thought I'd be able to have time to nap or something in the afternoon. However by the time we got back it was already 5pm. We got to have a free wrap though. The one I had was Hot Mama Hen. It had chicken with some hot sauce, cabbage, carrot, and bleu cheese in it. Bleu cheese is the bestttt! As we got back, we went to a bike shop. I got myself a new bar tape and more tubes. I should've just brought my bike to the shoo and have the guy change my tyre for me.  to visit our friend. Then grabbed dinner. I was too lazy to walk further so I just got a tuna footlong from Subway. It was delicious! I wanted to get shower too that night but the Y was closed early on weekends. -_- I still couldn't live out of my habit to shower everyday.

So I got back, ate my subs, and went to bed after. That was pretty much it for the past two days. My plan to rest more never really work.... le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment