~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 48: Vernal to Duchesne, UT

Date: 7/8/2015
Time: 9.23pm
Weather: Chilly, sunny in the morning; rainy and thunderstorms in the afternoon; currently 18°C
Location: Starvation State Park

I just found out that my current total mileage is only 2822.9 miles. Since the day I fell sick, I've skipped 255.5 miles. If I didn't sag at all, I'd have reached 3078.4 miles. Damn it, Jane.

Today was my first recovery ride. I felt much better this morning. I can finally swallow! For the past few days I've not been eating and sleeping well because my throat hurt too much. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to drink water to wet my throat, but again I could barely swallow water too. Since I was feeling better, I decided to ride. It's only 60 miles. It shouldn't be bad at all.

I rode with Angelica, Burkhardt, Corinne, and Halko. We took our own sweet time to bike and stopped at one of the hill for photoshoot. It was hilarious. Also on top of the hill, Corinne shot me on my thigh using Angelica's bb gun. Damn it, Corinne. I was actually gonna take a pic of Corinne shooting Angelica, but that evil Corinne shot me instead. Then I grabbed the gun and was gonna shoot Corinne's ass while she's peeing. Hahahaha. However I changed my target to Halko. She was standing sideway, and I was actually aiming at her thigh. But who knows, the bullet went aroun and got to her throat. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPENED.

We were at only mile 27 while Tony's group has already reached mile 43. Well my group doesn't care at all, so we have a lot of time to do our things. I was coughing pretty badly when we go up the hills. But there's  nothing can't be stopped with a little break. We eventually made it to lunch at mile 43, but Ben told us not to continue cause we'll ride into the storms. So the van picked us up and dropped us off at a gas station in town. We hang out there for a bit and finally rode to Starvation State Park which is 4 miles away from Sin Clair.

This is 100% more beautiful than the previous campground. There's a lake beside our campground. Also there are showers here. Not long after we arrived, the storms hit and all of us were freezing. So we hid in the bathroom and constantly turning on the handdryer to warm up the room. When the sun was finally up and the rain had stopped, I went to take a hot shower for a good 30 minutes. Then we set up our tent. This time we have the green tent instead of the blue one. It's harder to set up but it's more spacious.

Then we waited till 7.30pm for the 6-inch sandwiches donated by Subway, thanks to Zack again. They give us cookies instead of chips this time. Woots. Now here I am coughing my lungs out while blogging.

Today I rode 48 miles instead of 60 miles cause of the storm. Was pretty upset cause my goal is to finish today's ride. :/ it's okay, I will do it tomorrow!

I'm ready for bed. Good night everyone!















No comments:

Post a Comment