~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 47: Maybell, CO to Vernal, UT

Date: 7/7/2015
Time: 10.30pm
Weather: Super dry, cloudy, chilly at times hot at times. Weird Utah desert weather.
Location: St Paul Church, Vernal, UT

Crossed another state line today!...in the van. :/ Three more state lines to be crossed till the end of this wonderful journey-Idaho, Oregon, California. Time flies, huh?

This morning... Corinne was killed! I borrowed a book from Brian last night as my weapon. I planned on killing Corinne the moment she wakes me up since she's on wake up duty. Who knows... this girl woke up at 5am instead of 6am and spent some time in the bathroom. So I continued sleeping and woke up around 5.30am. Plan failed. Okay. Then I came up with a second plan-kill her when she's keeping her stuffs in the tent. Who knows... she brought all of her stuffs out of the tent and packed them outside. It seems like she knew what I was gonna do... HMMMMM. Then finally I asked all of them to come into the tent for a group pic, banggg that was the time I killed Corinne! :D

Since we were camping, we had cereal with milk instead of oatmeal. This is better, for sure. We also got banana breads from Texas 4000 guy. Yayy




After breakfast we had a briefing as usual. Today was the second day I wasn't riding again. I wanted to ride but I didn't sleep well last night. I was coughing so badly, and the tent was hot and suffocating. I had to wake up almost every hour. I ended up sleeping all day in the car. I was a little upset cause I knew we'll be crossing a state line today and I will not be able to do that. 

The team did 93 miles today. Heard that it was a tough day... So for people who don't know about this-Sarah Halko and I have been crossing all ofthe state line together, well except for WI/IA cause we forgot. Lol but we did make up for it by crossing two borders together in NE/KS and NE/CO. I told her to wait for me at the state line so we could cross together. It turned out that Sarah wasn't feeling well either and she was too riding in the van. As we arrived the border, we both got out of the van, and got our bikes off thr bike rack, then bike across the border together hahahahah! 

Well before we crossed the border, we passed a town named Dinosaur in Colorado. Isn't that cool?!?! Dinosaur town with Dinosaur national monument and dinosaur roads. I love it so much! 








I pretty much slept in the van the whole time cause I was tired and weak.

We arrived St Paul church at about 5pm, but we were not allowed to unpack yet cause the committee was gonna have AA meeting. There is a shower here that I would call an old man shower. There is a wooden bench thing for you to sit on while showering. Perfect for lazy people like me hahah. That was a good shower though.

After dinner I went for grocery shopping with Carrie and a couple of other people-Corinne, Emmy, Alex, Angelica, Khrystyna, Lizzie, Kevin, and Jack.

I think I'm gonna ride tomorrow. Please please please someome make me feel better tomorrow. I really want to rideee, I have lost enough of my mileage. :/

Also thinking about this is soon coming to an end makes me sad. :/ sooo I'm not gonna think about it anymore, but rather enjoy every moment with the people here.

I want to thank Sarah V for driving the van. It's not an easy job... It requires a lot of communication and planning but she's nailing this job!

No comments:

Post a Comment