~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 54: Pocatello to Rupert, ID

Date: 7/14/2015
Time: 8.30pm
Weather: Chilly in the morning, warm during noon
Location: Trinity Lutheran Church

Today was another sleepy day. This morning I had a hard time waking up. My body was still sore from yesterday's century ride.

The first thing I saw when I went on facebook this morning was our very own shut up and dance video compiled by Joe. You can watch it HERE. Watch it and you'll love it, trust me. I was so blur and I put team 2016 instead of team 2015. #mebeingdumb

We were so lucky to have good breakfast after such long time of having oatmeal.


It was a slow morning. Guess everyone was just tired. It was a little chilly and it seemed like it was gonna rain when we rolled out this morning. 

Today's group has been...weird. First thing in the morning, Gel, Haley, and Emmy left without Hannah and I. They made a huge turn to come back. But still the entire day we have been riding in a 3/2 formation. It was always Hannah and I at the back while 3 of them stayed at the front. 


Also the road that we went on was bumpy and hilly. It wasn't supposed to be hard with elevation of ~+1800/-2000. And it was only 75 miles. Idk why it was just so hard to pedal faster. The only nice road to bike on was the interstate. But a lot of them have been saying the interstate is scary cause drivers text while driving and the speed limit is higher.

We reached the first rest stop pretty early. It was at the Ranch Convenience Store. The guy who works there (probably the owner) made the pastries all by himself. We went in for the bathroom and I kept telling myself not to look at the cookies, and brownies cause I ain't gonna spend money on that. Then at one point, Emmy walked in while I was walking out, then both of us were just staring at the oreo brownies. Emmy was like, "Do you want to split?" I mean, Im not gonna say no. So we got one. And while we were eating outside, Corinne saw it and she went to get one too. Sarah walked in and came out with a brownies too. Hannah who took only a small bite of the brownies, said she wasn't gonna have more sugar for today, but guess what, she came out of the store with cookiesssss! It's hard to resist good food you know.


We also stopped by at this small park with Register Rock. I can't believe that a rock can be more famous than me.




The entire road was just boring and deserted. There was one part of the road with lots of cows on the side. Two cows even when on the road. I got so scared and actually asked Hannah if I was gonna die if I run into the cows. Then Hannah was like, "do you want to switch side?" But by the time she asked I saw the cows running back onto the field already soooo I took a pic of them.






The ride ended pretty early today. We got to the church at 3pm. I took a 2 hour nap right after we  got here. I just...passed out. At about 5pm Tony woke everyone up for dinner. Everyone made fun of my sleepy face. Zzzz The dinner was soooo good! I finally have my apetite back and actually went for round two. They even served us with dessert-strawberry cake. This was the best dessert ever. 



I cleaned and lubed my chain after dinner. Then i got ready for shower, only to find out that shuttles start at 7.45pm. Got back here, packed some stuffs and now I'm ready for bed. Gotta get more rest! It's only 40 ish miles tomorrow so it shouldn't be hard at all. 

Well, good night all. :) don't forget to watch our cute video and share it if you like! Biking is hard but with people like this everything is made easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment