~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 52: Salt Lake City to Honeyville, UT

Date: 7/12/2015
Time: 8.30pm
Weather: Sunny and hot
Location: Crystal Hot Springs

Today I rode in a small group. It was just Corinne, Hannah B, and I. I like the beginning part of the ride cause we get to see Salt Lake City downtown that I didn't get to see during rest day. Salt Lake City has just been added to the list of one of my favorite cities now! I like how the city has train in the middle of the road. Today's ride is pretty much just the trail. We were a little lost on that trail-well, Corinne looked up on her Iphone and made us go back and forth on the same trail. My computer's mileage matches with the cue's but we just didn't find our way out. We went into a tunnel with glasses and paints all around-that's scary. As I would describe, it seemed as if someone has been killed there.

The first part of the ride was okay but it started to get boring when we stayed on the trail for too long. Then we started talking about what was our favorite ride day and also what could be done to improve the ride.

At about 6 miles out, we had to go to McD cause Hannah wanted to use a bathroom. We turned right while on cue it said turn left at the intersection. Corinne asked where were they going, right turn was the right one. Funny how there were so many people there (3 groups I think) almost believed what Corinne said. I find it pretty funny so I kept quiet and secretly hoped that someone actually followed us. But, HANNAH RUINED IT. She said she felt badzzzzzzz.

The part after lunch was dead. I was so sleeeeeeeeepy. @.@ We did not talk at all but it wasn't like awkward silence. We probably just know that everyone is sleepy. Lol. We passed Lauraleigh's group-Zack, Sam, and Sean were all taking a nap, except for Lauraleigh who was wide awake waiting for the van. I was so tempted to just lie down beside them and take a nap too.

We continued our sleepy ride and stopped 3 miles before the third rest stop. We stopped at this fresh fruit stall. The first thing I asked the girl was that if she sells fresh orange juice. Sadly, no. I got a root beer instead. I'm  almost 99.9% sure the root beer is from Walmart cause on the can it says "Great value". Lolzz. To my surprise, the vanilla flavor in the root beer taste so good. The pic of A&W float immediately popped up in my mind. Corinne got some raspberry. She kept asking me if I like raspberry. Corinne, I eat all of the food in the world, but raspberry is not my favorite, okay.

The third rest stop was at Burger King. I wasn't planning on getting food actually. But my bike was parked right beside a huge poster that says $1.49 for 10 nuggets. I went in and ordered that with OREO MILKSHAKE. Then Corinne, Burkhardt, mama Hannah, got oreo milkshake too. We took such long break at Burger King though, CAUSE WE NEED TO EAT. Ben said there's nowhere we can get food at the campsite.




We reached the hot springs at about 5pm. Then we went to the hot springs, of course. It was only $4.50. Heard that these springs were the ones richest in minerals and this is also the place with hot spring and cold spring nearest to each other. We had dinner after-it was pizza and sandwiches. Then I showered. Then I fell asleep in the tent at 8pm.

We're crossing the border tomorrow and it's gonna be another century ride. Camping days are always the ones you don't get to sleep well. Idk how are we gonna survive it tomorrow.

Okay gonna sleep now, good night.















No comments:

Post a Comment