~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 55: Rupert to Twin Falls, ID

Date: 7/15/2015
Time: 8.48pm
Weather: Sunny and warm all day
Location: River Christian Fellowship Church

Today was a short day. Everyone was excited about getting here early. However, there was a slight delay in breakfast-but that's okay cause the longer it takes, the better food we have. It was indeed a good yummy breakfast.


We rolled out right after breakfast. It was kinda chilly and windy but everyone just wanted to go fast and get to the stayover early. Ps: take a look at Zack's drawings on the van! It's awesome! Well there's a reason he's an Art and Design student...




I had the weirdest combination of riding group ever. So yesterday Kevin came over to our room and chatted with Haley about something. After the convo ended, I asked Kevin if he'd like to ride with me cause apparently it's day 55 and we've not ridden with each other before. This morning when Sarah was going around to ask for groups, Lauraleigh asked if she could join us. Then I was like yeah. Then Sam heard and wanted to join too. Then Brian heard and asked to join too. So it was Kevin, Lauraleigh, Sam, Brian, and I.

I thought Brian was gonna get a flat every 10 miles but thank God 0 flat per 43 miles. That makes me happy. Haha. At the rest stop at about mile 26, Lauraleigh decided not to ride anymore cause she wasn't feeling well. Welp that left with just the four of us. Some interesting things happened during the ride. People who know, will know. I'm not gonna tell the story here.

It was only 43.3 miles today. We pulled through about 17 or 18 mph most of the time. We were lucky to ride pass the Snake River Canyon. It's absolutely beautiful. Well Snake river got its name from the snakes there I guess. Heard that there were a lot of snakes on that canyon. Probably that's why not many people (or maybe I should say no one) stopped at the scenic overlook, except for us. Lol. Kevin and Sam even went all the way down the canyon.









Well before today's ride started, I've already asked Emmy if she'd come with me for food hunting as soon as we got to the stayover. Emmy said yes. Then I invited Corinne, Haley, and Hannah too. When my group got here, Ben's group was already here cause they didn't stop at all and just sprinted through. The van wasn't here yet cause Tony and Sarah H had to go to the bike shop. While waiting for the van to get here, I took a nap on the walkway outside of the church. It was  a nice nap though.

When the van got here, we unloaded the van. Then we biked about 4 miles to this restaurant called Slice Pizza for lunch. I had teriyaki calzone. When I first got my food, I thought it was huge and I wouldn't be able to finish it. Then as I slowly ate, I finished the whole thing. I was full for the rest of the day. I looked up on Yelp and Burnt Lemon Grill came up as top pick cause they're famous for burnt lemonade. No one has heard of it before so I thought it would be fun to try it out. So Corinne, Sarah, and I went there to get burnt lemonade, while Sarah had some potatoes with nachos and cheese too. They are all so good.








After so much of eating, we came back to church and I looked up the places to visit in Twin Falls. It turned out that the name Twin Falls come from the Snake river that splitted into two waterfalls. I read up online on what happened to the falls and the second part of the twins was closed cause the peopke built a damned dam on it. That makes me mad actually. Why would people be so selfish and destroy what mother nature has to offer us? I got to Soshone Falls and took a lot beautiful pics of the falls. It was  a little climb on our way back but it wasn't bad at all.






We also saw a guy trying to... jump off a cliff unprofessionally..?


Thanks Corinne for going on this adventure to explore around with me. People need to get over with their laziness, for real. There are fewer than 20 days left on this journey. Yes, it's tiring but there are only so many (little) days left for people to explore around together. Also we go from places to places every day. If you miss today's adventure, you'll never be able to come back tomorrow to visit again. Come back again maybe next year, but do you actually stop by this many places on a road trip? I'm lazy too but I wouldn't want to miss the chance to visit around when I had the chance. Just like today, it was only a 43 mile ride, and we got in by noon, there was so much to do stuffs.

I'm glad that I did not just sit in the church and did nothing today. It was a good day. Idaho has surprised me with a huge and breathtaking waterfall. Shoshone Falls is known as "Niagara Falls of the West" and is actually 45 ft taller than Niagara Falls. I love it so much when I saw the falls-I felt like I have just discovered a hidden gem. This is my favorite part of this ride. There's not a place in the west coast that I've been to nor heard of. Everyday we just go explore when we had the chance and that's how I different places to my favorite places list! The recently added places were Bridal Veil Falls, Deer creek, and Salt Lake City in Utah; and Twin Falls, Idaho. I missed the opportunity to go to Salt Lake (Salt Lake City, Utah)- the place that you can just float on water, and I hate myself so much now.

On a side note, I ended up having 57 miles on my odometer-that was an extra of 14 miles! #makingupthelostmiles Two more days till rest day. It's time for bed now! Good night ! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment