~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 39: Wray to Fort Morgan, CO

Date: 6/29/2015
Time: 8.23pm
Weather: Very hotttttt
Location: United Methodist Church FM

Yesterday was a hot day and so was today. We proposed to Ben to do an early wake up but Ben said no after much thought. He said getting more sleep is as important as getting out of the sun early. So...

However.. I did not really sleep well last night. I was really tired yesterday and thought I'd have a good 7-hour sleep. Who knows stomacache and diarrhea started kicking in at like 1am, 2am, and at 3.30am I finally woke up and went to the bathroom. Then I went back to sleep until 5am and finally was up by 5.30am. As soon as I was done packing my stuffs, I started with van packing. Did I not mention how much fun van packing actually is? (Just not the part of waking up early) Everytime I do van packing it's always tetris that runs through my mind. Tetris tetris tetris.....

We were ready to roll by 7.15am. This is one of the most efficient mornings we've had. The rest stops were at 27, 45, and 62. We did stop at a gas station for a bit at mile 74. Because of the diarrhea, I got a subway 6 inch for lunch cause PBJ would be too oily for me.

Well today was the hardest for me in terms of my bodily condition. I wasn't in my best condition for today's ride cause first girls' problem; second, diarrhea; third, cause I took the meds for diarrhea I did not take the med for my knees; fourth, I didn't sleep well last night and was still tired from yesterday; fifth, the wind was so strong. For one sec (well many secs in fact) I thought of sagging, but I didn't ! I biked all 87 miles regardless of the problems.

The road that we biked on today was disgusting. There were so many trucks that give terribly awful smell as they passed. Also, there were so many farms with hundred cows. The shit smell too bad. And Sarah actually threw up because she couldn't stand that smell. Well, I almost threw up too cause I've not been feeling well the entire day. There was also this stretch of road that was full of flies and bugs that we had to cover up our mouth and nose. It was soooo hard to breath. :3

Despite having a crazy day, I'm thankful for Hannah, Haley, Emmy, and Sarah cause they always take care of me. I lost count of the amount of time they ask me if I'm okay.
So mama Hannah taught baby Jane two things today:
What does baby say? Ahh
What does the cow say? Moooo

It's always fun to be able to bike with my favorites! 💖

I had four slices of pizza for dinner just now. 4 slices are actually half of a pizza...well I'm going to bed now.

Tomorrow is gonna be a 99 mile day. Might as well just call it a century... The day after tomorrow is our rest day!!! Well needed breakkkkkk! I'm excited! See you tomorrow, Denver!

Updates on my skin rash or sun poisoning or unidentified red patches:
Unfortunately it got worse. The patches grew bigger and it hurts more. Even the shower hurts. I went to Walgreen and talked to the pharmacist just now, and he was like, "there's nothing much you can do, just stay out of the sun." That's not possible duh. Then my mum whatsapp me and asked me to get Calamine lotion. When I was little I always have rash from sweating and staying under the sun. I put some on, and from an Indian, I changed to Whiite. Lol. It feels a little less pain now, but  don't  quite know how much better will it be tomorrow. Hopefully it will heal sooooon. :/


No comments:

Post a Comment