~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 25: McHenry, IL to Marshall, WI

Date: 6/15/2015
Time: 8.30pm
Weather: Heavy rain, cloudy, not too windy
Location: Marshall, WI

We crossed another state line today!

Since last night everyone has been talking about today's 91-mile ride. Tbh I wasn't ready for this ride cause the last time we did a long ride was quite soms time ago, and we had a rest day two days ago. I wasn't just tired, but I was also nervous.

This morning we woke up to very heavy rain. Regardless, we still rolled at 7.30am and had yesterday's dry clothes all wet again. I don't mind having to wear wet clothes, just that my jersey, bib, and especially my socks and shoes were soooo smelly 🙊

The rain stopped for a while when we were at the first rest stop at mile 25. I had a banana! :D Emmy's group had some problems and the van had to go back, which later I found out that Emmy fell and hit her head. :/ We crossed the Illinois/Wisconsin state line just 3 miles before the rest stop!

Then we continued to roll after the rest stop and stopped for lunch at mile 44. It's a BP gas station next to this small convenient shop. Apparently the lady boss wasn't happy with us maybe cause we were all wet and dirty? -.- Khrystyna made a Jane's specialty PBJ sandwich for me hehe ✌ It's a 3-layered sandwich with PB on the bottom layer then jelly on the mid layer, and PB at the topmost layer.

The next and last rest stop was at about mile 65. I got two brisk iced lemon tea for 99 cents each! ;D We didn't stop for too long because the rain was about to get heavier again. Sarah went to get ice cream and we were waiting for her. Not likd mad though. When she got back she was like saying she needs some time to get ready to roll, then she said, " Im an asshole." The funniest thing was she said, "ok asshole is ready!" 😂 Love this girl haha :) We went on this closed road full of gravel at like mile 70, 4 out of 5 of us-Sarah, Lizzie, Lisa, and I got flats. only Shutian survived it. :3

And when we were done changing the tubes, we realized we still had 20 more miles to go. Then I mentioned to Sarah if we should take Uber instead hahaha 😂 The final part was a bit of climb, but we were going pretty fast though. We finally reached the stayover at 5pm.

The dinner was served at 5.30pm. We had turkey, green beans, baked potato, desserts, and chocolate milk! #yums After dinner I went to wash my clothes cause they smell so bad. I washed my hair at the sink too cause I know it's not good if u dont shower after getting wet from rain.

It has been a pretty long day. I'm exhausted. :/ Guess I'll sleep soon.. We're headed to  Waterloo tomorrow, and we'll be visiting the place where trek bikes were made.

Nites, Loves.

Current total mileage: 1535 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment