~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 18: Richmond to Indianapolis, IN

Date: 6/8/2015
Time: 8pm
Weather: Rainy, windy
Location: Tabernacle Prebysterian church Indianapolis

The day after century ride-nothing but sores. Today was a 73 mile ride from Richmond, IN to Indianapolis, IN. It wasn't that bad though, it was just the strong wind that was going at 24kmph, against us. It hurts my knees so much pedaling through the wind. The whole ride was done in 8 hours from 7.30am till 3.30pm.

Before the lunch rest stop, we passes Emmy's group and saw Lizzie lying on the ground. I was worried that something serious was happening to her because I went through 104 miles with her yesterday and I know she's fine. When I reached the rest stop, she told me that she was havinv severe pain on her knees. Also at the lunch rest stop, Khrystyna stopped, because her knees were hurting too. She was pulling for quite some time before the rest stop, and maybe that's why she hurt her knees.

Sarah V. went back home to get a cast I heard, while Zack is also on his way back to Chicago too to have his knees check. It's crazy to see how everyone is down one by one, but everyone still keeps pushing his/herself. I take pills every day just so that I could ignore the pain and bike every single mile. If possible I don't want to ride in the van at all. I want to get every single mile in by biking.  3 weeks in and I'm still doing okay. Hopefully everything will be fine till the ride ends in August. 7 more weeks to go!

Today was a little rougher than usual because of the rain and possible thunderstorm. The rain makes everything worse-your socks and shoes get wet, pants amd sweater got very dirty, roads get slippery (we were told not to bike on paint-eg the white line on the side of the road), and the rain keeps getting into my eyes. There was this track which is very parallel to the road, it got so slippery cause of the heavy downpour. Jason, Hannah B, Lisa, and Shutian slipped and fell. That was a pretty busy traffic but fortunately the drivers saw us and stopped until we've totally pulled off. I saw them fell and got panic too. My tyre was trapped in the tracks. But fortunate enough, I managed to clip out in less than one second (I kid you not, it was really that precise) before my tyre got stuck, and I did not fall. It was very scary though, this is the first time I feel myself just sliding through the tracks and got trapped in the tracks.

The best thing you could hope for on these rides is good weather-no wind, not too hot, not too cold, no rain, and no hill. Which is totally not possible. :/

Anyways, today is the day our total mileage hits 1000 miles with the exact total of 1068 for my own record. Totally amazing ride! 3500 more miles to go// 10 more weeks to go. #keepgoing

No comments:

Post a Comment