~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 37: Holdrege to McCook, NE

Date: 6/27/2015
Time: 10.28pm
Weather: Hot and sunny, a little windy
Location: McCook YMCA

This morning I woke up earlier than usual. 5am was the time I went to the bathroom cause I had to pee so badly. My chore for the next 2 days will be van packing so I have been pretty alert just so that I could wake up on time. Then I wasn't sure if I should continue sleeping or just stay awake for the next 45 minutes. I chose the former one hahaha. So I slept and I had a dream. NIGHTMARE. I was trying to propose to have a ride is Malaysia and talked to this lady about my proposal. I was saying that I've done this in the US and she went like what? Why are you doing this (fundraising and stuffs) for other countries? The next thing I felt was Lizzie poking on my arm to wake me up. Lol

It was past 6am when I got ready. As soon as I rushed to the van, Ben was already doing it and I felt so bad that he had to do it for me. I told him I can take over and started packing the van. I actually like van packing idk why. It feels like Tetris. Like you have to find the right shape and sizes of backpacks and sleeping bags to make it as packed as possible. If only I don't have to do it early in the morning, I'd have volunteered to do van packing every single day.

We were served with wonderful breakfast this morning. There was this omelette with egg, potatoes, and maybe cheese, tastes soooooo good. There are other kind of omelets too, bacon, biscuits with gravy, fruits, and oj. Again, if only I don't have to bike 73 miles,I'd have taken more food. I didn't have too much food though this morning, but I always have the feeling that I was gonna throw up while biking.



Corinne said she was gonna bike with me today but she had to sag in the van cause her hands were going numb. So there were some troubles with regrouping and stuffs and we had the most complicated morning ever. Sorry Hannah B for taking away Lizzie from you. :/  Eventually I had Lizzie and Carie bike with me.

There were quite a bit of climbs today with elevation +2800/-2500 as compares to yesterday's +600/-185 . It wasn't  that bad though. I'm so proud of Lizzie cause she has been killing those hills and killing me as well. I have been biking quite a lot witg her, I've seen her struggling with hills, getting injuries, but she's so strong and I'm so proud of her. At one point we were just passing all of the group and was tbe first group to reach the first rest stop. We took a cute pic with the wheat! I was telling Haley that yesterday we had been saying all day that we were gonna take pics, but we still ended up forgetting. Lol. So we had to make up and.... we saw the wheat!



We arrived at the Y at about 2.30pm. Diego saw me and he was like Jane come and weigh yourself. Apparently I've been telling people that I want to donate blood as I make the cutoff of 50kg/110lbs. I've always maintained my weight at about 44kg/97lbs. Right before the ride started, I weighed myself and I was at 47kg/103lbs. Guess what? Now I'm 51kg/113.5 lbs! As long as I keep this weight or more, I'll be able to donate blood when the ride ends!! Welp this is the first time in my life that I've gained so much weight. 10 pounds in a month? CRAYYYY.

Then I showered and took a nap. I liks it when we have time to chill. I woke up to Carrie asking me to go for dinner. No fancy dinner tonight-only pasta and lentils with 2 bread sticks and a slice of pizza. I'm not sure if it was only me, the pizza tastes so bad. It tastes like alcohol wtf. I'm not even sure if it's fresh. Let's pray for me that I don't get food poisoning. After dinner, we went in a large group to Mac's. This restaurant is so cute! They have a phone on each table, and you've to call them to take orders. Sarah was so excited to try it out hahaha!We came back and filmed a scene of our secret project *suspense* After that I went to do laundry with Emmy.



We're off to Colorado tomorrow. The real challenge is just about to start. I'm a little worried because my knees, IT bands are hurting so much even with meds, and my index finger and middle fingers are getting progressively weaker. I couldn't straighten my fingers now. Maybe it's some sort of nerve damage shit but I hope it gets better soon. Everyone's fingers have been in pain, numbs. Not sure how to make this better though.

On a side note, as Haley and Hannah R insisted on having me to dl snapchar, I finally had one. Lol. You'll laugh when you see my username-it's a cute one though. :P

Okay. 94 miles tomorrow. No early wakeuo cause there'll be timezone change tomorrow! Folks in Champaign-my time will be one hour slower than you guys, and poppy in Michigan-2 hours slower. Yes I'm slowly drifting awayyyyyy.

Hope you who are reading this have a great day/night, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment