~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 38: McCook, NE to Wray, CO

Date: 6/28/2015
Time: 7.20pm mountain timezone (Champaign: 8.20pm)
Weather: Extremely hot (34°C) and sunny.
Location: Wrac Center

Best day ever! I've always biked with Sarah H and Corinne and the other day (it was the Sioux City day I remember!) we were just talking about how we like our 3-man group. Yesterday Sarah asked if three of us would like to bike together again. Ofc I said yes. Later that night Hannah R asked if I have a group yet, and I mentioned I will be riding with Corinne and Sarah. Then she was like can Haley and I join you guys, OF COURSEEE!

I knew it was gonna be a great day even before the ride started. And at the beginning of the ride, Hannah was like, " Do you realize that the 5 funniest people are riding together today?" Hahahha lmao. Well we did have a lot of fun and this is definitely the best riding group I've had thus far.

The thing that I like about us was that we have common topics and similar eiding pace. The only exhausting part is the hot sun that we were exposed to since 11am (central timezone). It was a 5-hour direct heat from the sun-there was no cloud at all. There was a part with cloud-we can feel a significant difference in temperature.

Corinne had a flat a mile before the third rest stop. I'm almost 100% sure that the tar gets so hot that her tyre exploded. Well her tyre was wearing off too but that was the first time I heard such loud pop of a tyre. It scared the shit out of me I'm not even kidding. Then we called the van and had Sarah V. bring new tyre for Corinne. I swear Corinne should be our new mechanics cause she changed her tyre in 5 minutes. That's so impressive! I wouldn't be able to change my tube in 5 minutes. :/ Thanks Sarah too for bringing a bottle of cold water for us. The sun was so hot that I drank 6 bottles of water and peed only once.

The ride ended at 3 40pm. The ending part was the worst. We followed what the cue said and went on Cemetery road and got up a super steep hill, just to find out that the church wasn't up there. Zzzz. I was craving for ice cream so badly, so I went in the van and went to the grocery store to get a gallon of ice cream. That #satisfaction though.

The most hilarious thing was that the cows having a WONDERFUL MOMENT. Hahahah we were so lucky to have been able to witness the moment. Hahahah 😂

Today was the day I was officially born. I have Hannah and Haley as my moms and Sarah and Corinne as my grandmas. What a wondeful family hahaha 😂 I'm just a little babyyyy! 👶

I had so much fun today despite being under the hot sun for so long and got terrible sun rash.

With today 94 miles in, we're currently in Colorado. Had a little detour to Kansas and then to Wray, CO. Also today we're officially halfway across the country as we enter the mountain time zone. An hour slower than Champaign's aka Central timezone now. Harder days are coming but countdown 2 more days till rest days!
















No comments:

Post a Comment