~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 20: Rockville to Champaign, IL (Home Sweet Home!)

Date: 6/10/2015
Time: 8.15pm 6/11/2015
Location: Supposedly 105 S 4th but didn't blog last night
Weather: Very sunny and windy, hot

So I didn't blog last night cause I spent all of my time drinking thai iced tea, and catch up with humans of CU. :)

Yesterday morning we were served with ham and omelette, with a choice of milk, juice, or coffee. They were really good!! The downside was that I had to control the amount of food I had so that my stomach fluid wouldn't regurgitate while I biked.

It was a homecoming day that everyone was very excited about. Everyone went on a fast pace and was fast to roll out. We bid the people at Rockville goodbye and left. They were crying when they hugged us before we left :')

I was biking with Andrew and first time with Alex. Andrew and Alex went pretty fast. We went off route a little at the beginning of ride. But that wasn't really a big deal. We were the second to reach the first rest stop that had a whole lot of bugs flying everywhere. As we left after the snacks and refilling our water bottles, Andrew realized that we were going off route from the way we bike towards the sun. When he checked, we realized that we were off by 6 miles. Apparently the first rest stop went off route too. As we came back to the planned route, we've already done extra 13 miles.

The bad thing was that we've been going downhill the entire 6 miles. And we had to climb the hills for 6 miles to get back on track. There were so many dogs chasing us idk why @@

We planned to be at the Alma Mater by 2.30pm. However, with the extra 12 miles we went, I was exhausted. The worse part is, the final 40 miles were hot and super windy. It used up so much of my energy to bike against the wind. Oh we did stop by Tory's house to have lunch. Her dad is a farmer,  he doesn't just own farms, but also two horses and three dogs. Thanks to Tory's mom for holding on to the dog while I was getting my food. Haha

As soon as we reached Ashley's house we rolled to Alma Mater and made a great entrance by 3 something pm. Everyone was there to cheer for us, as if our ride has already over. I was so happy to see dada, Sam, and Chee Hoe when I reached the Alma Mater. I even got one big bottle of Thai iced tea as soon as I arrived! Thanks dada!! Then we took a few group pics and individual pics, and we went to Basil Thai for kao mun kai tod and two more glasses of Thai iced tea. Then Sam and Ks went to pick up my backpack and sleeping bag, while I went to RAL to meet Shampa. While I was talking to Shampa, Prof Zimmerman came over and introduced Chun Ho to us. To my surprise, Prof Zimmerman asked for a picture of him and I. He even asked me to roll up my jersey sleeves and shorts just to get my tan in his phone.

Then I went home, showered, and was ready to go out to have dinner at Empire. We had an awesome dinner last night but I didn't eat much cause I was too tired. :3 Thanks to the best guy on earth, I had a very perfectly sewed stuff sack for my sleeping bag, had my laundry done, had my backpack repacked, and had a chocolate cake!! Yay! He even planned for our trip in California!! Thank you so much for taking a bus down all the way from AA, and coming to meet me again tomorrow. I really appreciate everything you've done for me, sayang. :')

Went to bed at 1am last night and was up by 6am this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment