~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 32: Emmetsburg to Storm Lake, IA

Date: 6/22/2015
Time: 10.45pm
Weather: Thunderstorms and rain in the morning, extremely windy the entire ride
Location: Storm Lake United Methodist Church, Storm Lake

Today was one of the best days! We were supposed to be up by 6am, but the wakeup was delayed due to thunderstorms. So we got to sleep in till 7am. As soon as we wete ready to roll, there were thunderstorms again, so the departure time was delayed till 9.30am.

I was riding with Hannah R, Haley, Jack, and Ben today. I had the most advantage cause apparently everyone blocked the wind for me. Haley turned back to check on me almost every minute to make sure that I was still with them. I was safe-I didn't fly way despite having such strong wind. Due to the strong wind, Lizzie hit Diego's wheel, fell and had a cut near her eyebrow. Not gonna disclose more but I'm just glad that she's fine now. :)

We were welcomed by Pastor Matt. This church is one of the best I swear. There were so many couches for us to sleep on. I got to sleep on one! :D In the youth center there was a huge TV too. As soon as we settled in, Pastor Matt brought us to the water park near to the church. The admission for adults was $15, but he managed to get a discount and it was only $5 for each person. He paid for our admission tickets, and got us 10 pizzas and 2 gallons of ice cream.

All in all, today was so much fun! The water park was definitely the best entertainment we've had so far! Last year's team got to go for water skiing though. Anyhow, I'm grateful for everything I have from everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment