~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 21: Champaign to Bradley, IL

Date: 6/11/2015
Time: 10.00pm
Weather: Hot, but 99.99% to perfection
Location: Adventure Christian Church, Bradley

Last night before I went to bed, I was so afraid that my sleeping schedule will be off cause every time when I sleep at home, even the loudest alarm will not wake me up. Fortunately, I was able to wake up at 5.30am, 15 minutes before my alarm went off. Then I started checking Uber cause I didn't want KS to walk to Alice Campbell Alumni Center with my heavy backpack.

As soon as he woke up, he showered and cut a piece of cake for me. Then Sam was awake too when his IPhone ambulance alarm went off. We left our apartment at 6.50am. The Uber driver was already waiting outside of our apt in a white car. Before I left, I told Ks that I totally didn't know where the alumni center is at. And if possible give me directions from the car. So he talked to the driver, and the guy went super slow just so that I could follow hahaha. I was going at 20mph from my apt to the alumni center. Good warm up for the ride huh.

I'm so happy to have Ks see what my daily schedule of I4k is like-from packing backpack at night, keeping the sleeping bag that always don't fit into the sack, having breakfast, van packing, putting on sunscreen, having briefing, and eventually rolling out. We left at 7.30am-ish.

All of the group went at a super fast pace. We were at our first rest stop at 9ish am; mild 40 (typical lunch stop) at 11am. However we did not have PBJ at mile 40 today cause we were gonna be at Zion Lutheran Church at mile 61 for lunch. This church hosted the past riders and thinking of mreting this year's team although we're not staying there this year. There is this strong lady who has breast cancer, she made a post-it-note size mini calendar for the countdown to the end of her chemo. She had us put magnet at the back of the mini calendar and keep it in a small and cute sack for now. She also advised us to have mammograms at an early age like now. Let's hope that she'll be good!

Then here we are at Kankakee, 80 miles away from CU. I have never been here before, just that I always hear of this place in greyhound station. Haha. Not too bad, it's  a small town. I had the F'real strawberry milkshake yay! They tatse so good !

Okay, it's time to sleep.

Ps: So happy that my I4K friends keep mentioning that they would like to come to Malaysia hehe! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment