~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 29: Rochester, Minnesota (EVENT DAY/REST DAY)

Date: 6/19/2015
Time: 10.15pm
Weather: Doesn't matter
Location: Zumbro Lutheran Church Rochester

This morning we woke up at 7.45am YAYYY. I went to bed pretty early yesterday so I woke up so fresh this morning. We had breakfast at 8.30am and left to Mayo Clinic at 8.45am. Mayo clinic provides education about cancer and patient support services in a unique way.

The visit lasted for about 2 hours only. They mentioned about the projects they work on, including things like e-visit and an app that have the patients' medical records, etc.

After the visit we went to Pannekoeken for brunch. They're famous for their pancakes but I had skillet instead because I think the pancake was not gonna be full enough for me. I had a chocolate chunk muffin that comes witb the skillet. The muffin is warm in the inside, I can totally feel that the muffin melts in my mouth. We also visited somewhere like a guft shop but the shop is pretty unique cause it sells all the cool and funny stuffs like '50 places you should bike before you die', '500 things of what happiness is like', the fuck box-it's a box that can make sound, you can select gtfo, wtf, fy, etccc (in short, everything that has the F word), press on the selection and it will say it for you haha.

We went back to the stayover at like 12.30pm. Most of them went for movies at 1pm, but lazy people like me chose to take a 2-hour nap instead. Well, I've seen Jurrasic World before, and I would like to have more sleep. Woke up and went to Honest bike shop with Emmy and Corinne, but the worker there was rude to us. 10/10 would not recomment going there cause the worker not only rushed us, but he's also not patient and not helpful. Then we went to Erik's which is a bigger bike shop but further away (5 min drive). They have mainly Raleigh stuffs. It was a nice visit tho cause they sell a lot of things.

After that I went to Food Co-op to get a BBQ pulled pork sandwich. I saw mango sticky rice too, I was really tempted to get it!! But I didn't... Walked back to the park right across our stayover with Andrew and Emmy, and ate my dinner there, while watching Shakespeare play in the park. It was thw Romeo and Juliet play. After that I went to Crossroads Laundromat with Emmy to do our laundry, realizing that the next rest day will be in 11 days. :3

Lights out was at 10pm but I'm still here writing my post. Lol. Tomorrow we'll be leaving to Iowa. Tbh I'm nervous about what's gonna happen in the next 11 days (or more). There will be altitude sickness, more climbs, longer rides, not to mention-but maybe bad weather too. I just hope that everything will go on smoothly...

Wake up is at 5am tomorrow.. and there will be thunderstorm (hopefully weather forecast is off)....

No comments:

Post a Comment