~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 31: Lake Mills to Emmetsburg, IA

Date: 6/21/2015
Time: 8.45pm
Weather: Sunny and hot
Location: Emmetsburg

This morning was one of the messed up ones. I woke up at 6.05am when normally I wake up at 5.50am for a 6am wakeup. As soon as I woke up, I kept my sleeping bag. But THANKS TO HANNAH, there was a huge dog coming towards me. I was half awake, but by the time the dog got near me, I was totally awake. Then I hid in the sanctuary for awhile before continuing to pack my stuffs.

We were served with incredible breakfast today! It was French toast with butter and syrup, two sausgaes, and a cup of milk. I was so tempted to have more toast but I controlled myself so that it wouldn't be too hard for me to bike. :(



Today I rode with Angelica, Lizzie, Diego, and Hannah B. The group dynamic got weird and I'm not gonna talk more about it here. Everything became better after awhile though. The ride wasn't too bad.

It was only a short 78-mile ride today. The toughest part was probably the final 20 miles cause the weather got too hot and I was out of water. Diego was saying how he got like 5 flats since Chicago because the tyre from the team wasn't good. I'm glad that I had my back tyre replaced before the ride started. It was an expensive but good one. So far I've only gotten one flat. My front tyre is acting a little weird but it's fine for now.

There's a bike shop is Storm Lake, aka the place we're going to tomorrow. I might need to stock up something from the bike shop.

Also while we were waiting for the van to pick up Hannah B, Diego took a very cool pic of me and the cloud.



I finally had the chance to do it on a US highway! YAYYYYY! Thanks Diego for the pic! I love it so much!

There's a lake and a park right across this church. I wanted to fhe lake this afternoon but when  Emmy said the lake was super dirty I changed my mind. Haha. The people in the church shuttled us to shower in a community college nearby. Then they served us with incredible dinner. Whatever you see in the photo below, I had two times more food than that. Not inckuded a brownie and a super good banana cake!


After dinner, I went to have a walk with Haley and Hannah to Casey's which is like only 2 blocks away from the church. Then we hangout at the park for a little too. 

I wanted to get root beer float so badly!! A&W is only 0.7 miles away but that means 20 minutes of walking. :( I went to Casey's to get an ice cream and a root beer, then I ate them both at the same time haha. 

That's it for today! Time for bed, or not. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment