~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day 35: Norfolk to Grand Island, NE (2nd Century Ride!)

Date: 6/25/2015
Time: 10.15am
Weather: Perfect
Location: Salvation Army, Grand Island

We did a second century ride today! It was a 110-mile ride, but with a little detour, my group went 113 miles I believe.

1.0 mile in, we lost our way and had so much trouble looking for a path that says u-turn. We finally found it and it was 2.5 miles off.

The rest stops were at 27, 51, 76, and 98 miles. They were all gas stations, the only thing that was different was the name of the gas stations, but one thingfor sure, those are perfect spots for me to get food.

I rode with Khrystyna, Lizzie, Shutiam, and Lisa today. 110 miles seem super long, but the road today was so flat and it wasn't windy at all. So it wasn't that hard after all. The max speed that I could've gone onwas 21mph without feeling out of breath. However the average speed was around 15mph most of the time.

Something serious happened to our group today. But I don't want to talk about it here. People who know, will know. Hopefully everything will get better as our ride progresses.

My group was the last group to roll in, and it was at 4pm ish. Salvation Army is like a place that provides food pantry for poor/homeless people. I'm not sure how safe it is here but we have our own space, and storage for bikes.

There were 5 trains that passed us while we were riding on Highway 30 today. I forgot to wave at the first one, but from the second one onwards, I did wave at the driver. They're so cool! They will honk at you when you wave at them-the longer you wave, the longer they honk. Hahahahha.

There were so many questions on my mind while I was riding today.
1. What can the shape of cloud tell?
2.  How can you tell the weather from the skt? Isit gonna be windy or rain or whatsoever?
3. 4th dimension
4. How fast do the cargo trains go?


Maybe there were more, but I can't remember it now.

A picture of the puppy cloud to end this post:


Can you spot a puppy looking to the left?

Current total mileage: 2230 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment