~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 7: Syracuse to Palmyra, NY

Date: 5/28/2015
Time: 8pm
Weather: Chilly in the morning, super windy day, sunny towards the end of the ride
Location:Cross Creek Church Palmyra

Here I am blogging so early tonight. All of the groups were in by 3.00pm! :D

Short intro-it's gonna be the same everyday. Lizzie woke me up at 5.30am. I had her wake me up because I took an allergy pill for the bee sting to remove swell, and my phone was left charging very far away from me. Yesterday's stayover is so beautiful. It seriously looks like a hotel. Van packing was done by 6.30am, and everyone was done having breakfast by 6.45am. Today's breakfast is one of the fanciest breakfast I've had thus far. The chocolate muffin was soooooo good! #heaven


Today I have Sarah H., Lizzie, Emmy, and Carrie in my group.



 It was so much fun riding with them! The first part of the journey wasn't that great because it was chilly and the wind was soooo strong. The moment I slowed down I felt like the wind was gonna blew me off. That took up so much of my energy. I remember there was one part of the hill that I was totally out of breath and I had to ask the team to slow down their pace for me. However the whole stretch of road after the lunch stop at mile 44 was flat and straight. We rolled out by 7.30am, and reached Cross Creek Church by 2.30pm, with average speed of 13mph. 

The past few days were probably the first time I saw so many dead animals-squirrels, cats, deer, birds, and today a dead turtle. Earlier today we saw a turtle crossing the highway, this is probably the rarest thing I have seen haha. 

I'm really glad to see how everyone is working so well as a team, waiting for teammates, stopping when necessary, and caring for each other. This bond has grown so much since the first day. We did have a whole semester of training together, but we didn't have much time to talk to each other. We'll just meet at the ARC for training, then everyone left right after training. I'm also super impressed by everyone's spirit, especially Lizzie cause she always has the mindset that "I can do it". I've never heard her saying, "I don't want to do this." She always gives her best shot and pushed through every hill. I feel like I've seen her grow so much since the first day she rode with me. 

We went only 65 miles today. Pretty short as compared to day 2 and day 3's rides. Tomorrow we are rolling into Rochester, it's gonna be just 25 miles. Super short ride cause we're gonna have events in Rochester from afternoon till evening. The day after we're going to Niagara Falls! It's gonna be a 86-mile ride from Rochester to Niagara Falls, but I'm so excited about it! I always have a thing for Niagara Falls. :)

The swell on my finger is getting much better-I could at least bend my finger now. But the allergy pill was making me so drowsy that I've been yawning on my entire ride. The numbs and trembling is getting a little worse. Pain on quads and shoulder is bad too. Everyone has some problems, somehow. Haha feel like the whole team is made up of old people now. 

Time to pack my stuffs and get ready to go to bed early. Gotta be up early tomorrow. 

Loves. 







No comments:

Post a Comment