~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 6: Little Falls to Syracuse, NY

Date: 5/27/2015
Time: 9.30pm
Weather: Cloudy, few drops of rain, sunny towards the end.
Location: St. Paul Cathedral Syracuse

We were up by 5.55am and got stuffs for van packing by 6.20am. After breakfasr, every group rolled up one by one. I had Ben, Andrew, and Emmy in my group today! We rolled out at around 7.20am.

It's nice to ride with this group of people because they are going so fast That it really pushed me a lot. The first 40 miles were mainly flat and nice roads and we were going at 20mph. The final 20 miles were not that fun-there were so many hills along the way. I was almost dying whi

le riding up those hills. We reached the first rest stop at 20 mile before 9am, lunch stop at mile 40 at 10.30am. That was the first time I was in the first group to arrive at the rest stop. ;D When we hit the 60 mile pit stop, the van was not even there yet. #achievement Thw final 20 miles, I was slowing so much cause I had to catch my breath while going uphill.

#storytime
While we were at mile 75, I was going too fast that I hit a bump and my handle bar bag was opened. My watch fell on the road and bounced into a drain. I thought I was so screwed if the drain is deep and full of dirty water. But when Emmy went to find it, she said the drain wasn't too deep. I ran there and saw my watch in there. This guy from a house right beside this road saw me and asked if I need help to get the watch out. I said yes and he brought me a hanger. That didnt work so they got something like a broom stick and put a nail to it. That served like a hook to get my watch out. Eventually we did manage to get it back, and Ben went to talk to them about we're doing. Guess what? The guy agreed to have a portrait! waited fo the van for like 15 minutes, andddd we got a portrait!! YAYYYY! Then we were ready to roll again for another 3 miles.

For the bee sting I got from 2 days ago, my finer is swelling so badly. We went by a pharmacy and the pharmacist asked me to take this diphenhydramine HCl pill before sleep tonight and use the anti-itch cream for the moment. Hope the swell goes away by tomorrow! It was so awkward that I couldn't straighten nor bend my finger now. The weirdest thing is I couldn't even hold on tight to my brakes while I was riding.

It was a great day, great ride instead. I like the fast-paced ride. And we got a portraits through this 'special' way. What an encounter :) Also the stayover (St Paul cathedral) is super fancy. It looks like a hotel :) Thanks to Emmy too, we got so much food donation-we get to have a lot of food for the rest of the day.

Day 6- Little Falls to Syracuse, 83 miles, 7.30am till 5.30pm. Done. 7 more days till rest day; 2 more days to Niagara Falls!

Off to bed soon! I bet the medicine is really taking effects now.

No comments:

Post a Comment