~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Countdown 9 Days: 120-mile ride - We crossed the first state!

We had a "test ride" on the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd. We did 93 miles on May 2nd, crossed the line to Indiana, and had a stayover at Fairmount, IL. The journey started at 7am, and ended at 4.30pm. I was surprised that we biked kinda fast actually. We stopped at Kickapoo State Park for snacks, at a gas station after we crossed Indiana border for lunch (Peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches), at the middle of nowhere for snacks again, and finally at Fairmount. I totally passed out when we reached the church at Fairmount. I had like 5 layers of sunscreen, a thick layer of dust, topped with one thin layer of sweat. But... there was no shower TT So I slept in my sleeping bag with all of those hehe. :3 Someone woke me up at 5.45 pm for dinner, it was spaghetti and lentils with spaghetti sauce. Then we had Grace and her friend do portraits with us until 8.30pm. And before we went to bed, we had a short meeting with Ashley and Ben, which we went through what we did good and bad that day, and what we were gonna do on the next day. We went to bed at about 10 pm. *lights off*

*lights on* May 3rd
I woke up at 5.30 am, with my whole body aching, especially my butt and my knees. Woke up, rolled sleeping bag, brushed teeth (good habit!), and started packing. Everyone had to pack his/her stuffs and keep the backpack in the van before having breakfast. We had oatmeal with honey for breakfast... I swear that was the worst oatmeal I have ever had. I  know a lot people who don't eat oatmeal, but I have always eaten oatmeal with milo since young, and I still have oatmeal and milo for breakfast every day. But... oatmeal and honey? I want to cry... We started to bike home after breakfast at about 7am, and reached CU at about 10 am. I biked only 20 miles that day, while others biked for 30 miles, cause my knees hurt so badly. I hope I will be able to pull through the ride though. My knees hurt so badly that I was biking at 5 mph. :/

When I reached home, I immediately asked Chee Hoe and Sam to go to Basil Thai with me cause I was really hungry. Had a good plate of Kao Mun Kai Tod and a good cup of Thai Iced Tea (TIT--oops it's not what you think it is). Despite being tired and all, I still had to study for my exams and do microreview. #FML I had 2 exams and microreview due the Monday after, lab report and god-know-how-many-exams on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Anyways, I was surprised myself that I was able to bike that much in a day. This was just something that I never thought I was able to achieve. Hehe more to comeeeee !


No comments:

Post a Comment