~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 5: Albany to Little Falls, NY

Date: 5/26/2015
Time: 9pm
Weather: Sunny, cloudy, few drops of rain
Location: Little Falls YMCA

Wake up call was at 5.40am but I had been awake since 5pm. Finally got off my bed at 5.20am to brush teeth and packed stuffs. We got everything for van packing by 6.15am and had breakfast after. The people in YMCA offered us a yoga class that started at 6.55am.

As soon as the yoga class ended, the groups started to roll out. I had Angelica, Khrystyna, Lisa, and Hannah B. riding with me today. We rolled out at about 7.30am. The first rest stop was at mile 18. That place was a beautiful lake with a little garden. There were a lot of ducklings too! They are all sooooooo cute hehe and I believe that I took more than 10 pictures of them hahahah :D  The second rest stop was at mile 45. Besides PBJ we had popsicles too!!! It was soooooo good to be able to eat these cold food when the weather was so hot. :D
We didn't have a third rest stop because the route was shorter today. However, we did stop at Shop-A-Lot (not sure if I remember this wrong, but it's beside Family Dollar). Finally had the chance to pee haha :P Then we went on a few hills and finally arrived out stayover by 6pm.

The hardest part of today's ride was going through the bike trail. It was easy to bike on that because there was no traffic at all. But I didn't like it because of the loose gravel and my bike kept swirling. I felt like I was gonna fall and I was so tensed. I held on so hard to my handlebar that my fingers actually hurt. Then it started to rain in the middle of our ride, and I was thinking that I was gonna be so dead if it rained. This is my real nightmare. :3 Another hard part was going up 4 miles on some hills. It wasn't too bad because it's not just one big hill that we need to climb. It's more of like uphill, downhill a little, and more uphills. It's just long but not that steep.

Had a shower as soon as I arrived and I was late for dinner cause I really enjoyed the shower here. :3 Had short team meeting after the dinner and we are done by like 8pm. I'm gonna sleep early tonight because I wasn't getting enough sleep last night. It's time to sleeeeeep!

June 3rd is our next rest day. 8 more days. EIGHT moreeeee. My saddle sore is getting very serious now And it hurts a lot when I bike. My shoulder, arms, and knees are hurting a lot too. Even my toes are hurting and feeling numb at times. Everyone is going through the same thing, hurt but we're all still going strong. Love this spirit! I'm taking Naproxen every day just to make sure that the pain doesn't get too bad that I couldn't bike. Side note, my tan line is getting more and more obvious! I did put on sunscreen at every rest stop though, but I guess my skin is absorbing a lot of UVA and UVB. Lol.

Pen off. Day 3, 83 miles, 10 hours, doneeeeeeee! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment