~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 0: From IL to NYC

Date: 5/21/2015
Time: 5.45 pm
Weather: Sunny & warm
Location: In Amtrak train 50

Today is the day.

I did not sleep at all last night, because I was afraid that I was gonna miss my 5.45 am bus from Champaign to Chicago. Well, I fell asleep for like 10 minutes and I almost missed my bus. Lol. Thanks Chee Hoe for sending me off at the terminal despite me being in a rush (as usual); Thanks Encik Sam for staying up till 4 am and talked crap for the whole night; and thanks Kit Siang for everything. 💜

I reached Chicago Union Station at 9.30 am. Waited for the directors and the team to arrive at 11 am. When everyone was slowly cruising in, we had our pedals removed, briefing, and finally ready to box our bike at 12 pm.




We were released for lunch at 1 pm and Kit Siang knowing that I have been wanting to eat dim sum since few days ago, decided that we should spend the 3-hour-lunch break for dim sum at Chinatown. So, we went to Ming Hin for lunch. Lucky enough, there was no line at all when it was usually at least an hour wait. We ordered a lottttt of dim sum! :D #foodmakesmehappy I have been eating so much lately that I'm only 1 kg away from being able to donate blood. I used to be 7 kg away from the bar. Damn. #growfatter




We got back to the Union Station at about 3.30 pm and I took a short nap on the floor. We started lining up and boarded the train at 5.30 pm. As the train started to move at 5.45 pm, we're officially going on this crazy adventure. It's gonna be a 27-hour train ride to NYC. And I shall be sleeping now. Haha :)



There are so many people I want to thank, for the strong support I have been getting, for the love and care from everyone around me, for everything everyone does for me. Like I said, I don't hope for more, I just wish all of you to be happy, and of course if you're not, I'll be able to brighten up your day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment