~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 1: Can we get off the train already?

Date: 5/22/2015
Time: 7.00 pm
Weather: Nice and sunny out, but it's cold in the train
Location: Still in the train

The train is moving so slow. The time is moving even slower... It has been 25 hours since we boarded the train yesterday. There was no stop, so it means our butts have been sitting on the same spot for this long.

It turned out that we're taking the longest possible route, going to south and go all the way back up to NYC. I don't know where we are now. I don't know what to do in here. I've  been sleeping the entire journey haha. I slept at 6pm yesterday, woke up at like 10pm, then slept again at 1am; sleeping on and off throughout the night and finally woke up at 10.30am. Brushed my teeth and had my last lau sa pau for breakfast. Then I slept again till 5pm.

Some boring photos to make this post less boring:



And we just went pass DC!
 Hi monument 

Hi Dome! 

There's no wifi here, and my battery drains so fast. There's nothing I can do to kill time, well except for sleeping. It's finally time to pay off all of my sleep debt, I guess.

The plan for later tonight is to get off the train station, grab a metro card, and travel for about an hour to our stayover location. We'll have a rest day tomorrow. There's an event with Damon Runyon research center in the morning, and we're free to explore NYC later in the afternoon.

Went to NYC last summer, and fell in love with it immediately. I'm glad that I'm back here again after one year! Hopefully I'll have the chance to go to NYC for one last time next summer before I leave the States. *cry a river* NYC is definitely my favorite city thus far. Maybe I'll change my mind after visiting San Francisco. Or maybe I'll love both cities. But isn't it awesome that this ride will be starting off from my favorite city and ending in my possible favorite city?

That's all for now! Will update more when more exciting things happen later tonight. If you read it tomorrow and nothing  changes, it means that I fell asleep again! Hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment