~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 4: From "Bacon" to Albany, NY

Date: 5/25/2015
Time: 11.00 pm
Weather: Burning, so freaking sunny
Location: YMCA Albany, NY.

Today was the 2nd day of riding. Heard from someone last night that we were gonna do like 90-ish miles today. I was kinda nervous because I could barely pull through the 70+ miles we had on the first day. I was hoping that there'll be fewer hills, less elevation for today's ride.

Left Beacon (I like to call it Bacon hehe) church at 7.30am and had the first rest stop at about mile 22. Had some snacks at this gas station stop, and rolled out again at about 10 stg am. Second rest stop was at mile 48, as usual, had PBJ sandwiches and rolled out again. The part to get to the third rest stop at mile 70+ was the toughesr part because we had to go on more hills and we were all outta water. It was way hotter than yesterday. That was 4pm. Then we managed to pull through the final 20+ miles and rolled in to the Y by 7.10pm.

It was a tough ride with hills and stuffs. But one good part of riding bike across the country is that I get to see many beautiful places. Love those tiny streams, and huge bridge. It felt so good to be able to bike on the bridge. Felt dangerous yet peaceful at the same time.

Oh as soon as we rolled into the YMCA, they serve us with great great food. There were pasta, brownies, cookies, meat patty, sausages, bread, potato salad, chicken, etc. Also they have a swimming pool, laundry room, television, saunas, showers, and a huge ice hockey rink for us to keep our bike and sleep. To me, it felt like a reward. After you bike for so long, those are exactly what Ou needed. Good food, good shower. I am extremely grateful to have such nice host. Also the people here are extremely nice and they like to tallk to us.

I got a little cut today from my wheels. Heh no biggues, Im more worries about my knees. Oh I got stung by a bee today while riding. It stopped on my finger for less than 5 seconds I swear, but my fingers are alreadt swollen now. :/ Regardless of what happened, it was a great ride! I always thought that we'll not be able to pull through those hills especially when we're towards the end of ride, getting exhausted and all, SOMEHOW, just somehow we did manage to pull through. I don't know how it happened, but it's amazing. To those who fell terribly- Bryan and Corinne, take care and recover soon!

We're all fighters! We're strong!

My quote,
"Never stop pedaling"

Hahahah that was what I said to Lizzie but somehow it became like a quote. Gotta love these amazing friends!

Gotta be up by 5am tmrw, so off to bed now ! Ciao!

Again, pictures are on insta and fb. :) fewer pics today cause we were rushing through. 11 hours of bike ride, 90 miles, that was crazy tbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment