~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Countdown 1 Day: The Journey Begins

Looking back the very first post I had on this blog, it reads "Countdown 207 Days". After 200 days, this day has finally come! From fall to winter, to spring, and finally to summer; from fallen leaves to 6 inches of snow, to the melted snow, to the blossom of flowers;  from the indoor training in October till the last outdoor training in May; from running on track to getting on bike; from 0 mile to 20 miles, 30 miles, 45 miles, 60 miles, and 90 miles. It has been a very long training process, and now we're finally starting our journey of +/-4500 miles!

Am I excited? Yes! Am I worried? Yes, about my knees. Am I ready? Yes, as long as my knees don't give me more troubles. HAHA yes that shows how worried I am about my knees. I did the last ride in Champaign 2 days ago with Lisa, for about 40 miles. That was when my knees starting to hurt. I went to Jerry again yesterday, to get my last fit before I go on the real ride, hopefully everything will be okay. :3

So I have finally packed my stuffs last night, here's a picture of it:

I just have to bring Milo with me. For those of you who have known me for quite some time, you know how many times my mom ship Milo all the way from Malaysia to Champaign. Y'all know how I can't survive without Milo. HAHAHA :D

2.5 months. I'm gonna miss everyone and everything here. I know I have been talking about training, meetings, and how much I struggled to keep up with everything. I can finally put everything aside now, and JUST BIKE ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. There has been some changes in my life recently, and there might be more changes when the bike ride ends. I have been thinking about these things lately and making plans for new semester. I went to the lab for one last time on Monday afternoon to say goodbye to people, especially to Julio and Shampa, the two closest persons in lab. Shampa texted me that evening and said that she can't believe that I'm finally, really leaving already; also the extremely tight hug from Julio. Damn those feelings. :/ One year later, when I'll be really leaving the States--not just 2 months, and will never be back here anymore, I know that will be an even harder goodbye.

It is hard to believe that how fast time flew by. Despite being crazily busy for the entire semester with only 3-4 hours of sleep almost every night, I am glad that I have achieved and learned a lot. There are few aspects of my life that were not very well-organized, I hope that I can improve on those things next semester. I still live by this everyday, "Assume you'll never wake up tomorrow, will you be satisfied with what you've achieved thus far?"  I would say no, for now, there are still some plans that I want them to work out before I graduate. And most importantly, I want to graduate, I want to wear the fancy blue robe and hat before I die. Haha.

Summer plan:
1. Bike, bike, and bike.
2. Travel for 1-2 weeks after the bike ride ends.
3. Be welcome day leader for orientation.

Fall plan:
1. Have more rest.
2. More involved in research.
3. Plan and carry out activities through I4K and MASA.
4. Continue biking
5. Learn one new thing/improve on one old thing
6. Work, earn money, and eat better food.
7. Travel
8. Study hard
9. Continue biking/workout
10. Publish one book

Hah I know I've gone too far! KKKKKK back to reality, I will be leaving to Chicago in less than 10 hours! Please pray for me that everything will go on smoothly for the entire ride! :D

I'll do my best to keep YOU updated through this blog! It will be disorganized-I'll most probably be tired, but I still want to say things, so I say things that are disorganized. Like now. :3

CU peopleeee, I hope to meet you guys on June 10th! I'll be back for a day, and I hope to meet all of you who have supported me for doing this ride! You guys give me strength! It's June 10th! I'll have more accurate time and place to meet for you when the day is near! Hehe see ya loves!



No comments:

Post a Comment