~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Countdown 200 Days: First weekend training!

I got kinda excited when I see a whole number e.g. 200. Lol I have no idea why

So today was our first weekend training!
We gathered at the place where people play badminton, and started our training soon after. We started off with track running, at the upper floor of ARC. Ran for about 4 rounds as warm up. After that, we went back down to the badminton court and did stretching.

As we stretched, we chatted a little, and have this name-remembering game. I might be good at it just now, but I don't think I could really match those names to faces the next time I see them again. Hah I suck at remembering names. But, I guess as time proceeds, I'll get better at remembering everyone's name.

We were divided into 2 groups--one with Ashley, another with Marissa. We did the Agility Ladder Drills with Ashley. Found a cool website about this here, we did only 4 of the most basic ones, cause it's really tiring. :3 Then we switched to Marissa, and did the following:

1. Jump and Jack
2. With a line in the middle (as reference), jump from left to right repetitively, starting with both legs, then left leg only, and right leg only.
3. In pumping position, use only both hands to support your body, start kicking in and out.It feels like you're running on the ground and in the pumping position.

Found a good website regarding jumping workouts too here.


We had a short break after that, and then we were divided into 4-person groups. This is when the training starts to get real tough. What we did was:

1. Jumping left hand and right leg up, then right hand and left leg up. Jump for about 400 meters (?) This is more of coordination, lol sometimes I get confused and have left hand/left leg or right hand/right leg up at the same time.. which is kinda awkward.
2. Crab walks. In squatting position, put both of your palms on the ground, and start hopping sideways.
3. Wheelbarrow (A partner is needed for this). Your partner will be lifting your legs up, and you'll be "walking" with your palms.

After that we got back together, and this time focus more on abs workout:
1. Plank
2. Side Plank (support with only one arm)
3. Lie down on the floor, raise your legs up straight and high in the air, a person will be pushing your legs in any directions, and you'll have to make sure that when the legs do down, they don't touch the ground--reach like 1 or 2 inches above ground, and you'll have to pull your legs back up.
4. and some.

I can't remember clearly, but I guess you could google up or search in youtube the basic abs workout. Also, if you think I missed out biking, no, we didn't do any biking yet.

I might be missing out quite a bit of the things we did, however that's basically it. I feel that it's a little intense for me since I have stopped working out (and all exercises) since early August. 3 months damnnnn. Gotta get back in shape! Two hours felt like 2 years lol.

Well that's it. I'm so hungry now haha :3

~Nothing comes easily. Work your ass out and just wait patiently for the results. The harder you work, the better the result is.

No comments:

Post a Comment