~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Countdown 192 Days: Things are changing

It's funny how things change over time. I used to think that I want to be real good in badminton, swimming, running, and ice skating, but eventually I turn out to be a cyclist now. Well, honestly I have never seen this coming. I went for training for the sports I mentioned above, but I have never mastered one. Reasons? I didn't have the chance and time to brush up my skills.

Over the summer, I went for workout twice a week, swimming once a week, and occasional yoga practices (on an average of once per week). I liked that kind of life. Warm weather, less burden on academics, and I get to sweat so much. 

I have certain preferences while doing sports. Lol. I like to swim at outdoor pool; I like to play badminton at a warm court; I like to play basketball outdoor; I like to jog/run outdoor; I also like to do sports in the evening rather than in the morning. Heh personal preferences :P 

Yesterday was the second weekend training. As usual we started off with a 10-minute-jog, then stretching and we were divided into 3 groups. 

Group 1:
-In squats position, pass around a 15 (or 18?) lbs weight
-push ups x15
-lunges jump: in lunges position, jump, switch legs, repeat x15
-in push-up position, palms on the ground, legs are in running position (tuck in, kick out) x15
-repeat once more

Group 2:
-side crunches: body and legs forming V-shape, hands touch left side of ground, then right side x15
-forward plank for 1 min
-Side plank for 45 seconds each side
-Cycling in the air (forward & backward cycling): body and legs forming V-shape, then cycle in the air
-forward plank for 1 min
-Side planks for 30 secs each side

Group 3: 
*only toes are on the side of the cushion, not the whole feet*
-jumping box (low): stand with your toes, stand flat x20
-jumping box (medium): left leg up on the box (again, only the toes touching the side, the rest of your foot should be in the air), right leg up on the box, then 90 degrees up in the air; switch. x20
-jumping box (high): with both legs, jump onto the box, land on your toes, jump back down, land on your toes. x15

Finally, it ended with a 10-minute run and stretching for cool down.

This morning I woke up to aches on my body again. My calf, abs, chest, arm, ache so much that even if I wave "hi", it hurts my chest; I couldn't even push/pull the doors. Every step I take hurts my calves and quadriceps. :3 Ugh I need to work harder to get my muscle strength back. Btw, I did planking at home this morning, and successfully did a 2-minute-forward plank! YAY ACHIEVEMENT! Gonna aim for a 5-minute one next week! :D

P/S: Sorry for the late blog post. I have been having exams, events, meetings, and training for the past week. Didn't really have time to write about things that happen. :/
Also found an abs/core workout video here that might be helpful for those who want to do it on your own. 

~When you're doing something you're really passionate about, that's the time you're enjoying life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment