~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Countdown 181 Days: A month of Fundraising

October 21st.

That was the day I started posting about me being in I4K and started all sorts of fundraising activities. I did not keep track of the amount of people I talked to about I4K, but if I were to put a figure, I would say 100, at least. 

Last Sunday, I made a post on facebook about this guy, Jacob. People like him makes everyone's life more wonderful, makes the world more colorful and beautiful.


I start to lose count of the amount of touching-and-thankful moments in my life, but I remember every of you, in my heart. Because of I4K, I learn to appreciate-I appreciate every kind word, support, donation, and smile I got from everyone. I have never imagined myself being here, talking to people randomly, asking for donation, explaining so many things (in English), and getting support from so many people. 

Before I was officially accepted into I4K, to fund-raise such a huge amount of money is my biggest concern. Quite a number of people I talked to think that the hardest thing is about the physical strength. But for me, it's different, I'm more worried about not getting donations. :3

Undeniably, weekly training is indeed very intense for me. I used to play sports a lot, but nothing could compare to the physical training in I4K. For me, training is on Sunday and Wednesday. Sunday's is a two-hour-weekend training. Every Monday and Tuesday, I just feel like I couldn't move at all-my quadriceps, calves, butt. and abs are so sore. Every single step I take, my muscles hurt so much; every time I sneeze/laugh, my abs hurt so much; every time I try to bend down/squat down, or even just sit down, every single piece of my muscles hurt. Before my muscles fully recover, next training session approached. Heh but I'm not writing to complain, just for sharing purposes. :D

Nothing could compare to the torture that every patient (not only cancer patients, but people who have any disease in general) experiences. No one is stronger than them who fight every single second to stay alive. 

It has been only a month, and I am more than halfway through my fundraising goal. Just in case you guys are wondering, I am currently at $1919.97. :)  Even after I touch my goal, I will still continue to ask for donations. I mean, the more, the better, isn't it? :) I am more than touched to have received support from every of you guys who have been so supportive towards me, and also towards the team. You have no idea how much I appreciate your support and effort in making our mission a successful one. I (we) will continue to work harder on both individual level and team level. 

Also, I want to thank Z-group for being so supportive towards me. I'm like a baby in Z-group, cause I'm the youngest in term of age and qualification. haha. Thank you Professor Zimmerman, brothers, and sisters from Z-group, for making me feel like home. You guys are definitely one of the best groups of people I have here in the UofI. Thanks! :') 

I sincerely thank all of you, who have helped and supported me all the way. For all the good deeds that you've done, only God could repay you. I wish you kind-hearted people to have the best that you could ever wish for, because life is beautiful because of you, ANGELS. :')

I wanna specially thank Far East, Z-group, Jacob, Heng, Sam, Tee, Zhong Xiang, and Uncle Cravings (Uncle Sze Toh) for the huge amount of donation. Also Siang Kee, Chee Hau didi, Yinan, Fifi, Tina, Yong Wei, Yi Yi, SinFang, Pave, Wen Lin, Cheng Han, Munish, Marcus, Hang King, Nithya, Pika, Kevin, Syahir, Jawai, Wen Xuan, Syaza, Wei Ping, Hui Jun, Yen Ming, Sally, Chee Hoe, Suffian, Andrea, Adrian, Dav, Fara, and Patti for your kind donation! Last but not least, I wanna thank VVVVVVIP Encik Tan Kit Siang for supporting me always! :D 


P.S: Sorry that I did not update for quite some time, cause I was caught up with other chores. Also, I will be going on a volunteering trip by ASB tomorrow! See you guys soon! Once again, thank you! <3

P.P.S: Also, I'm addicted to this song recently! Zayn Malik OMGGGG :D Chose this version because the full MV is too long. This acoustic version is nicer! :D



~Without your strong support, I am nothing. Jane is nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment