~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Countdown 197 Days: Midweek Training

Temperature right now: 7 degree C

It was quite warm this morning through afternoon. It always gets cold after sunset, which is like...5pm. Hate that. I feel so unsafe walking in the dark. 

As usual, woke up at 9.10am this morning (it was supposed to be 8am, but I got too tired and slept in a little later), then as usual again, rush for class. I know it's a very bad habit for not having breakfast; I know it's not good for health; I know it's not good for growth; I know if I do it for the next 2 days I'll get gastritis again; I know... but I would trade everything just for a few more seconds of sleep time. :3 Okay, I shall try to change this habit. I will try. 

After class at 11am, I hopped on the next bus and got home to get my food heated up. I couldn't decide which is better-buy food (save time), or heat up the leftovers (save money), but eventually I went with the save money plan. I reached home at about 11.10am, cook rice, and caught the next bus to go back to campus. Plan works, I reached the lab exactly at 12pm. YAY. #efficient

Then I stayed in the lab until 5.40pm, then left for I4K training at ARC. Midweek training is only an hour long. We started off with 20 minutes of jogging, but we didn't actually make it 20 minutes-it was about 17 minutes only. I was fast-jogging with Sarah, we jogged like 9 laps non-stop on the track. Everyone stopped after (our) 8th lap, but Sarah asked if we want to push it through one more lap, I'm like, "Why not?" So we did 9 laps YAY. It has been soooooooo long since I last ran a marathon. The last time was probably the time in INTEC, and it was only 4 km? or 5 km? I don't remember lol. Anyways, to me, it feels like an achievement to be able to get back in shape, to be able to do something that has long gone, in this case, marathon I guess? The reason why I stopped running because it's cold here. I hate indoor tracks, and hate not being able to sweat if I jog outdoor under the cold weather. 

After the 17 minutes jog, we did some basic stretching, for like... 10 minutes, then we actually started biking! Not the real bike, but the stationary bike, close enough. :P So we biked for another 20 minutes. The first 5 minutes was awful, but everything was slowly getting better as time passes. By the time I walked out of ARC, I felt like every steps I take, I was going to fall. The sore in my muscles.....I don't know how my legs are gonna be when I wake up tomorrow. GBL. God Bless Legs.



I went back to lab after training-with my stinky clothes. When I reached the lab, the doors are all locked. Legs pain + cold wind = FML. I totally forgot that I will not be able to enter the building after hours. I though of a smart plan, why not I enter through Noyes and take the underground pathway? It's kinda scary to walk there at night (and also in the morning, basically anytime), but I would rather be scared than to stay outside. When I got to the "secret pathway", the door was locked too. So I called Julio for help lol. But few minutes before he arrived, there's a guy came out from the building, then I'm like, "You just saved my life". 

So I went back to lab, stayed there to study a bit for my exam, then Julio offered to teach me NMR. Never say no to free lessons! Thanks Julio! After that I settled my reaction stuffs and rushed towards the 10 pm saferide. It's always nice to have Auntie Lin to send me home, cause I'm used to having her as the person saying goodbye to me when I reach home. :) 

So here I am now, eating my late-dinner, typing this blog, and waiting for TKS to wake up. Apparently he was waiting for me to get home since 9pm so we could skype, but he fell asleep. Celaka ni. 

It has been a long day, and it'll be a long day tomorrow. 

~Never lose hope, never lose faith. Keep believing, keep working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment