~Nothing is harder than striving to stay alive.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Countdown 207 Days: Fundraising starts now!

I4K UIUC 
It has been about 5 days since I typed out my very first status to promote Illini 4000 (I4K). I have received a total of $299 throughout the 5 days, and would like to thank everyone for the kind donations. Apart from meeting my target, each donation has helped me to boost my confident. Honestly, I am worried about many things-academic, grades, pressure from research lab, training, ASB fundraising + trip, and Rotaract Club. I want to improve myself, push myself out of my comfort zone, and live with no regrets in life. I'm definitely not a good English speaker--which is my biggest hindrance when trying to talk to people. I'm trying to improve, and would go all out to improve my speaking skills. Besides, a lot of people seem to ignore my donation message. Well, I don't blame anyone, cause it's completely voluntary. I just wanted to say, people who help, are people who have been helpless, or people who understand the situation. And to these people, big hugs for you guys! Every donation means a lot to me, whenever I see donation comes in, I'm fueled with energy. Every single "good luck", "it's an amazing thing", and every single encouragement, makes me know that I made the right choice to join this team. Words couldn't describe how much you guys have supported me and I truly appreciate it. :')

Malaysia
I was talking to Tee yesterday and he was so excited about this program! Wow dude, you made my day! *brohug* *brofist* Ever since I joined I4K, I have been thinking of doing the same thing in Malaysia too. However I couldn't find anyone of the same interest. But right now, after a brief survey, I have received Yes-es from Tee, Heng, Kit Siang, Marcus, Sam & 3 or more friends, Yong Wei, Munish, and Nanin (Marketing). That's about 10 of us! Awesome guys! So, rough plan: July 2016, before everyone starts work (prioritize people of my batch), a week of ride, 100 km per day, probably from Malacca to Penang. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment